Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Good flight planner for FSX?

1. Default Good flight planner for FSX?

When I plan my flight using the FSX Flight Planner, if I select VOR to VOR, Low-Alt or High-Alt, not many of the flights are lining me up with the run way, therefore I am creating my own waypoint to put me in line.

Is this a limitation of the FSX planner?

Is there a flight planner out there that will line me up with all the runways? I don't mind controlling the altitude on an approach but getting lined up manually is somewhat of a challange.

I think I heard of FSX Commander, is this a good replacement?

I don't mind entering my route manually into the FMC (as opposed to requesting them from the FSX Flight Planner) its just that I don't know what to enter so if I can find an application that tells me then that will be excellent...

Thanks
    Mark

Most definitely the 'Super flight planner'. Google search or
    http://cpinf.com/

Regards

Shri

3. Default

How does this compare to flight commander X?

Will this get you lined up for runway approaches?

Super flight planner is a freeware. Try and see.

To get lined up for the runway, you use the GPS. The GPS has the instrument approaches for the airport. Alternatively, if you enter the traffic pattern then you don't really use the flight planner. But even if you do a VFR flight plan, you can use a straight-in IFR approach procedure in the GPS to give you a path to follow to align with the runway.

scott s.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by scott967 View Post
    To get lined up for the runway, you use the GPS. The GPS has the instrument approaches for the airport. Alternatively, if you enter the traffic pattern then you don't really use the flight planner. But even if you do a VFR flight plan, you can use a straight-in IFR approach procedure in the GPS to give you a path to follow to align with the runway.

scott s.
    My airplane doesn't have the GPS as I am using the Wilco 737 Pilot in Command. I want to use the FMC after takeoff to fly me to my destination and then line me up so all I have to do is land.

When using the built in flight planner is it best to use the VFR or IFR? Will the super flight planner include the correct approaches?

Realistically speaking, you generally wouldn't know which runway you were landing on until you got closer to the airport since the landing runway could change within a matter of time.

8. Default

Just installed super flight planner and ran the "SFP Database Wizard" and it wants to convert my Installed FS Areas.

Should I let this happen? Does it change FSX in anyway?

Can I not plan flights without doing this convert?

For mostly American ib ob flights, this site works well and converts to .pln files.

http://www.simroutes.com/

Works great.
    --Dan Roman; Sunland, CA; FSX, Acceleration, ASE, Windows 7 Ultimate (64 bit), Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q9550 @2.83 GHz 2.83 GHz, 8.0 GB RAM; AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series.

10. Default

In Super Flight Planner, can you export the plan for use with the 737 Pilot in Command? I have seen mention of it for 767 Pilot in Command.

SFP will let me put my own routes in, however is there an application out there that will give the most common flight plan for general day to day flights?