Thread: fatal error FSX ACCELERATION

1. Default fatal error FSX ACCELERATION

I receive a fatal error message anytime i use the menu bar to switch between planes or any item in the menu. The screen hangs then delivers a fatal error message.

I am using FSX with SP1
    3 ghz
    4 gb ram
    2 256 nvida graphics card

service pack 1 & 2

any help is greatly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by john3738 View Post
    I receive a fatal error message anytime i use the menu bar to switch between planes or any item in the menu. The screen hangs then delivers a fatal error message.

I am using FSX with SP1
    3 ghz
    4 gb ram

service pack 1 & 2

You can try switching to windowed mode before using the menu bar. Other than that there does not seem to be a solution yet. It seems to hit people using the nVidia 7 series cards most and 8 series to a lesser extent. I had to uninstal SP2/Axcel because of it.
    Asus M2N SLI Deluxe-AMD Athalon X2 6400
    2 Gig Patriot Extreme Ram-XFX nVidia 7950 GT 512
    Win XP SP2 FSX + Accel
    http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=thor734

I have had that problem - then didn't have that problem - then got it back. I thought I had found a fix, but then the issue returned.

The best solution I found is to fly in windowed mode (at full of course) and then it isn't an issue. I did get it to stop once by selecting an older driver set for my Nvidia card in one reinstall I did. I also got it to stop once when I reformated my drive by installing each piece seperately and then flying it for a while and then the next SP and so on.

However - the problem resurfaced later on.

Definitely seems to plague us Nvidia users. I decided to quit fighting it and fly windowed and stop looking for a fix.

Works fine for me that way. When I am doing flyover country in a heavy, I can read the forums while autopilot flies.
    Last edited by jring2; 02-25-2008 at 02:03 PM.
    AMD 8350 Eight Core 4.0ghz, 16 gig 1200 DDR3 64 bit ram, Microsoft Sidewinder Precision II. GeForce GTX 660 w/3gig
    OS=Windows 7 - 64 bit, FSX w/Acceleration, FSGenesis, REXII, Orbx products
    John

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by jring2 View Post
    I have had that problem - then didn't have that problem - then got it back. I thought I had found a fix, but then the issue returned.

The best solution I found is to fly in windowed mode (at full of course) and then it isn't an issue. I did get it to stop once by selecting an older driver set for my Nvidia card in one reinstall I did. I also got it to stop once when I reformated my drive by installing each piece seperately and then flying it for a while and then the next SP and so on.

However - the problem resurfaced later on.

Definitely seems to plague us Nvidia users. I decided to quit fighting it and fly windowed and stop looking for a fix.

Works fine for me that way. When I am doing flyover country in a heavy, I can read the forums while autopilot flies.
    During this thread I was in the process of putting my FS system back together after a HD failure. I'm happy to report that my menu crashes are gone. I'm using a nVidia 7950GT that I received as a replacement for my defective 7900GT. Even with the 7950 I had the menu crash, but after this install, I don't have it anymore. Not sure why. I do know that I allowed FSX to load and completed a small flight between SP1 and SP2/Axcel installs.
    My driver is 109147 dated 8/11/2006

I'm now a happy camper!
    Win XP SP2 FSX + Accel

Quote Originally Posted by Rob702 View Post
    During this thread I was in the process of putting my FS system back together after a HD failure. I'm happy to report that my menu crashes are gone. I'm using a nVidia 7950GT that I received as a replacement for my defective 7900GT. Even with the 7950 I had the menu crash, but after this install, I don't have it anymore. Not sure why. I do know that I allowed FSX to load and completed a small flight between SP1 and SP2/Axcel installs.
    My driver is 109147 dated 8/11/2006

I'm now a happy camper!
    I spoke too soon. They returned....after I installed FRAPS.....
    Win XP SP2 FSX + Accel

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by john3738 View Post

I am using FSX with SP1
    3 ghz
    4 gb ram

service pack 1 & 2

With 7 series cards USE 169.21_forceware_winxp_32bit_english_whql Drivers it fixed my problems

I dunno about FRAPS, but I have the same issue when I try and use the menu and navigate with the mouse.
    However, if I navigate the menu just by using the keyboard (ALT and after that I just use the arrow-keys) it works fine for me.
    Hope it helps for you as well, it beats flying in windowed mode.

Cheers
    bert