Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Re: does anyone still use fs5??

1. Default

Yes ...

2. Default

not me fs9 is what i roll with buddy.

I used this..........as recently as last week. Firing up certain versions reminds me of certain times in the past. I was in high school when FS5 hit the shelves, and it brings back memories of that time period for me. Weird perhaps, but it's certainly my way of remembering the past.
    Ricardo
    FSThrottles.com

4. Default

I bought a old IBM with pre-Pentium CPU, DX/66 in fact, just to run FS5.1 and RedBaron I, Aces Over Europe, Aces Over Pacific.
    These old systems run the old games better than trying to emulate on modern hardware.
    Very cheap to do.
    But the problem is space to put the old hardware, including old gameport controllers!
    So, I put them on the spare bathroom sink counter.
    Hope I don't electrocute somebody :0.

P.S. I also run FSX and Rise of Flight on a I5 2500k system!

But the old sims are a hoot!

My friend has fs98 I remember taking off from meighs field

I have installed FS4, FS98, FS2002, FS2004 and FSX Demo (I cant run it due to resolution limitations). I still play FS2002, and sometimes run FS98 for fun...

Now that is an old sim:
    Name:  Msfs1.00_000.png
Views: 127
Size:  12.6 KB
    Do you think I can turn on water reflections?

I'am a big fan of FS95. I play FS95 my whole life (I'am 13 years old :P). Yesterday I have buyed FS98. FS98 is nicer than FS95 because it is bigger, and Amsterdam/Schiphol is aviable. FSX is nice to, but me PC is to slow.

Quote Originally Posted by nielsdevries View Post
    I'am a big fan of FS95. I play FS95 my whole life (I'am 13 years old :P). Yesterday I have buyed FS98. FS98 is nicer than FS95 because it is bigger, and Amsterdam/Schiphol is aviable. FSX is nice to, but me PC is to slow.
    I once had that problem to. Use FS2002, its nice, has almost all the features of FS2004, and it will run in almost any PC (I could run it with 400mhz, 192mb ram, 16mb graphics). And, it has Schipol