Thread: EZ Scenery Libraries

Default EZ Scenery Libraries

Hi everyone,
    I've been using Abacus' EZ Scenery for quite some time now. I recently upgraded computers and had to transfer all my scenery libraries across, but something went wrong. Several of the addon libraries from flightsim.com etc. no longer display the proper descriptions of the objects (not its just a really long string of letters and numbers). Also, there are several (random?) objects that no longer have textures. Does anyone know what may have caused this? I copied the addon scenery folder exactly as it was from the old to the new installation.

I tried to delete all the libraries, with the intention of re-downloading them all (grrrrr!!) to make sure everything is complete. I deleted all the addon .bgl, .xml and .txt files that were part of the libraries from the addon scenery\scenery folder, but when I reloaded FS, abacus loaded them as usual. Is there anywhere else that they would be stored?

Thanks in advance,

Gareth.

Long time since I used EZ-S but are you saying that some custom libraries you think you deleted are still showing up?

If so then there is probably a second copy somewhere. Also I suspectthat the program will automatically read the generic objects libraries that MS provide in FS9

Yeah, the default libraries are always there. Its the addon ones that I'm sure I've deleted, but they keep appearing within EZ Scenery.

I've just realised what the problem is - I have a couple of addon scenery packages for EGLL and others from MAIW which have used and included the same libraries in the download. So you were right, it was a duplicate copy. Thanks for the help!!

Quote Originally Posted by g.forwood View Post
    I've just realised what the problem is - I have a couple of addon scenery packages for EGLL and others from MAIW which have used and included the same libraries in the download. So you were right, it was a duplicate copy. Thanks for the help!!
    OK pleased you have found it. Unfortunately Addon packages sometimes place object libraries in local folders. I much prefer putting all mine in a single folder structure so I know where they all are, but sometimes they sneak in