Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FSX Freezes up after 10 minutes

Default FSX Freezes up after 10 minutes

Hello again to all..here is my latest problem which just started happening...I start a flight..taxi to the runway..take off..and in about 10 minutes..FSX just stops..freezes...can still here the sound of the engines..but ATC stops and the mouse pointer moves but the screen is frozen....did a Ctrl-Alt-Delete and had to end FSX...but the task manager did show a "error" which read something like this App Data Local Temp "were58.etmp" and also "werecae tmp"...of course I have no idea what this means....anybody else run across this problem...this just started a few days ago..up until them I had no problems running FSX...thought it might be FDC Live Cockpit doing this but all this has happened without using FDC....any help of suggestions would be appreciated

Default Tried again but FSX locked up after about 10 minutes

Hi again and please excuse my question again but I'm really at my wits end...up until a few days ago FSX was running fine and now for some reason after flying about 10 minutes FSX screen locks up meaning I can still hear all sounds..move the mouse pointer around the screen..but FSX is frozen..not flying and cannot click mouse pointer....my gut tell me it may be a sound related matter because I hear strange crackling along with ATC...don't know if that means anything...but I've read other posts regarding sound problems and FSX freezing up....is there anyone out there who has experienced the same problem and is there a fix....and if it involves upgrading Drivers I'm really not that experienced with that and would need step by step help....all I want to do is fly around and have fun with FSX...so tired of all these glitches....thank you all again for any help...running a Dell XPS 420 with dual core 3.0..3g of memory...it's a top end system..I feel I should not be having any problem with a system like this

At the edge of the foothills west of Denver, Colorado, USA.

Have you considered the possiblity of a virus?
    Digital abstract art copyright 2010 Mike McCarthy, all rights reserved.

Quote Originally Posted by caltroy View Post
    Hi again and please excuse my question again but I'm really at my wits end...up until a few days ago FSX was running fine and now for some reason after flying about 10 minutes FSX screen locks up meaning I can still hear all sounds..move the mouse pointer around the screen..but FSX is frozen..not flying and cannot click mouse pointer....my gut tell me it may be a sound related matter because I hear strange crackling along with ATC...don't know if that means anything...but I've read other posts regarding sound problems and FSX freezing up....is there anyone out there who has experienced the same problem and is there a fix....and if it involves upgrading Drivers I'm really not that experienced with that and would need step by step help....all I want to do is fly around and have fun with FSX...so tired of all these glitches....thank you all again for any help...running a Dell XPS 420 with dual core 3.0..3g of memory...it's a top end system..I feel I should not be having any problem with a system like this
    As in all problem solving, you have to go back to the beginning. You say you were running fine up until a couple of days ago. What did you change
    a couple of days ago? Did you add anything? Did you delete anything?

The freezing problems most people have experienced lately have been after installation of SP2 or the XPack. Did you install either of those programs?

As far as the driver issue, downloading the driver and installing is pretty simple. Feel free to contact me and I can walk you through it.

Post your hardware, including your power supply model and capacity

Nigel
    Vancouver

Hello again to all..here is my latest problem which just started happening...I start a flight..taxi to the runway..take off..and in about 10 minutes..FSX just stops..freezes...can still here the sound of the engines..but ATC stops and the mouse pointer moves but the screen is frozen....did a Ctrl-Alt-Delete and had to end FSX...but the task manager did show a "error" which read something like this App Data Local Temp "were58.etmp" and also "werecae tmp"...of course I have no idea what this means....anybody else run across this problem...this just started a few days ago..up until them I had no problems running FSX...thought it might be FDC Live Cockpit doing this but all this has happened without using FDC....any help of suggestions would be appreciated
    Hello,

Similiar things are happening to me either. I was waiting quite a long time, before posting that, looking for a solution, trying different software configurations... with no success.
    The thing is that everythings works nicely (I even reinstalled my XP) as long as I'm not upgrading to SP2 (so FSX + SDK + SDK SP1 + SP1). I'm using some 3rd party payware all the time without any problems. Shortly after upgrading to SP2 (or installing Acceleration) FSX starts to freeze. No matter which plane I'm using and what Addon scenery I can play around for quite a long time while on the ground but after I'm airborne in few minutes (something between 5 & 10) FSX crashes. No detailed information on the error is given but a worthless error report only to send to MS...
    Of course after downgrading back to SP1 I can play again.

My hardware specs:
    Notebook Toshiba P100-324 (PSPA6E)
    2GB RAM
    Nvidia Geforce 7900 Go 512MB
    Windows XP MCE
    FSX deluxe English
    CH Pro Pedals
    Saitek Pro Flight
    Track IR

Laptop was recenty cleaned inside and the whole dust from the heatsinks was removed. I'm using a cooling pad (Revoltec) as well.

Any kind of guideline will be appreciated. Since there are more and more addons requiring SP2 there is no other chance but upgrade...

Thanks in advance

I almost forgot to mention that no graphic drivers update is possibble. I'm using the most recent version of Toshiba drivers suitable for this laptop.
    Last edited by rycesz; 07-28-2008 at 07:26 PM. Reason: update

7. Thumbs up FSX Freezes

hi, i had the same problem, then i did a full reinstall, etc. then i realised that the problem only happened whenever i right clicked to change views, all you have to do is learn how to use the keyboard to change views

S changes view categories
    A changes views inside the categories

F9 Virtual Cockpit
    F10 Cockpit
    F11 Locked Spot
    Top Down

Quote Originally Posted by netsurfer1 View Post
    hi, i had the same problem, then i did a full reinstall, etc. then i realised that the problem only happened whenever i right clicked to change views, all you have to do is learn how to use the keyboard to change views

S changes view categories
    A changes views inside the categories

F9 Virtual Cockpit
    F10 Cockpit
    F11 Locked Spot
    Top Down
    Since using the keyboard only to change views have you completely cured the "freezing" problem
    I have the same freeze issues...

If you are running the new FSX Graphics or the new Active Sky there is a set of strict startup steps to prevent this. I have not had any known problems with FSX Ultimate Terrain US/Canada though.
    jimmy

10. Default

for some reason after flying about 10 minutes FSX screen locks up meaning I can still hear all sounds..move the mouse pointer around the screen..but FSX is frozen..not flying and cannot click mouse pointer....
    My Friends,
    I Solved This problem! Test and report please.
    Problem Detail: On FSX when you start a flight and you go above FL200 then sometimes graphic freezes in FSX (black screen OR Still image) and you still can hear the filght sound. when you use Ctrl+Alt+Delete and access to task maneger then you can see in front of FSX task write "Not Responding...". I this situation when you wait about 8 to 15 minute without doing anything then suddenly FSX ftart to work and you can doing continue your flight to the end!
    I noticed that this problem reported from different users and different hardwares.
    Solve the problem: Nothing is wrong with your hardware in this problem! Don't recheck anything! I noticed that everytime my Screen freezes in FSX I can see a part of screen is a lake, sea or ocean! I mean I can see water and land in the freezed picture! I went to

"Setting -> Customize -> Scenery -> Water Effect" and set that to "None"!

Thats it! the freeze problem solved for me! for this reson some users report that sometimes they play FSX for many hours without any freeze and sometimes the freeze happened fast! because they play FSX in some areas that there isn't any water in the first situation and in the second one they are in fromt of water.

Please check and report!