Thread: Cant seem to exclude default buildings

Default Cant seem to exclude default buildings

Hi, Just like to say firstly that this is a really good forum. It's helped me a lot in the past.

However I seem to have come up against a problem. I am currently trying to amend Sumburgh Airport in Shetland. I am using scene genx,afcad, airport, bglanalyzenew, ezscene. I have located the default scenery and object files in FS9. Using scenery genx I managed to make an exclude rectangle to cover the whole airport and done exactly what it says in the help files on how to exclude default scenery. Having loaded the saved bgl into fs and re started I find that the buildings still exist. They go if I take out the OB9EURW0.bgl file. I have dis-assembled this file into an .xml file and found it contains relevant lat long co-ords for the Sumburgh buildings - deleted these, saved the .xml file and recompiled it but still the default buildings crop up.

What I havent tried is the correct naming convention for the new files. This I might get to do tonight i.e. name my exclude file something beginning with 0 perhaps so it's read first? would this work?

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Christopher

Default RE: Cant seem to exclude default buildings

Hey Christopher, I know this may sound lame but have you tried coding an XML exclude by hand?

The FS2004 SDK's will have information on it, and maybe someone can post the code here, but basically you need 4 lat/lon numbers one for each corner of the area you want the exclude to exclude and you should be right as rain...

Question though, we are talking about default airport and you don't have any addon airports installed do you?

Also decompiling the original BGL to XML and recompiling it isn't the best idea, some code gets dumped from the scenery from what I recall and it can tend to break things...
    Dean Mountford
    FS Dreamscapes

>Hey Christopher, I know this may sound lame but have you
    >tried coding an XML exclude by hand?
    >
    >Hi fsfilmworks

Thanks for reply. I have had addons I have been working on but have removed them from the flightsim folder and the scenery cfg file. I have also trawled thro all the scenery files just in case but found nothing. I will give that coding an xml exclude by hand a try. Let you know if it works.

Rgds
    Christopher

Hi

Just thought I'd tell you how I got on. I tried to write an exclude file but still had the same problem of the buildings still showing up. However I have since managed to decompile the original file, delete the buildings and then recompile it and hey presto they have finally gone. I have no idea why it didn't work the first time. Such are the vagaries of MS flight sim bgl files I suppose. Thanks for your help on this.

Christopher