Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Saitek- Pro Flight Yoke System.

Default Saitek- Pro Flight Yoke System.

Anyone ever tried this? ---- > http://www.fspilotshop.com/product_i...oducts_id=1263

How does it compare to CH Products?

Default RE: Saitek- Pro Flight Yoke System.

it isnt out yet you can only pre order but looks amazing cant wait until i get it.

Hi Cory !

SAITEK UK, the manufacturer are still working on modifications and these pre-orders web sites are I think jumping the gun with August and SIMWARE September releases, no sign of it on the SAITEK web site as yet !

SAITEK are also up for sale for £ 25 mill., Microsoft and HP said to be insterested and until that has been taken care of can't see much action until new owners have taken control of it !

I have just purchased their AVIATOR Joystick, working well, but there are a number of things I am not happy with as far as installing it, documentation for it, manuals for it's SST programming software and online support are concerned and have taken this up with their managing director !

Take care, O t t o.

Hi Otto,
    This has nothing to do with you post, however, it has to do with your sign out. I am 70 yrs. young and when I went to work for DuPont at 17 yrs. of age, they started to call me Otto after the actor Otto Kruger, which happens to be my last name also. So if you read any of my posts, they will be signed Otto.

Hi Bill !

There aren't many OTTOs about and OTTODAD is what my daughter-in-law calls me, her father having died a long time ago and I became a sort of a substitute, I am also trying to be to some of the MSTS forum members ! ;-)

Take care, O t t o.

>it isnt out yet you can only pre order but looks amazing cant
    >wait until i get it.

Agree! Looks Brills. Interesting : I thought that Saitek was MUCH bigger ..... There you see what image does for you!

Theo

Hi Theo !

This is a better image of it and their new throttle quadrant:

featuring a digital clock on the face of the yoke handle and a smooth action stainless steel shaft, but so far no sign of it on the SAITEK web site nor an indication of it's specifications, number of buttons, etc and what all the switches are for, which I presume are 2 button toggles like used on their AVIATOR joystick !

My obvious settings choice for the left-most toggle switch on the throttle quadrant will be: down = F2 for activating reverse thrust and up: F1 for canceling it ! ;-)

O t t o

Man, its so nice looking. And less expensive for the 2 compared to CH Products. My only concern is if the yoke and throttle quadrant are going to be smooth.

Hi Cory !

I think any Yoke with a stainless steel shaft moving in a self-lubricating Teflon or similar coated bearing should move smoother than the CH-Yoke's plastic one, I have never been happy with, especially not with it's overdone spring centering !

O t t o

>SAITEK UK, the manufacturer are still working on modifications
    >and these pre-orders web sites are I think jumping the gun
    >with August and SIMWARE September releases, no sign of it on
    >the SAITEK web site as yet !

It's here:

http://saitekusa.stores.yahoo.net/proflyosy.html
    Core 2 Quad Q6600, 9800GTX+, 4GB, Win7 HP 64-bit, TH2GO, 8 GoFlight, CH [Eclipse Yoke, Throttle (Pro and Quad), Combat stick, Pro Pedals], Saitek [Yoke, pedals, X52], TrackIR 3