Thread: FSX Seat height in Cockpit view.

Default FSX Seat height in Cockpit view.

Has anyone had problems with raising the seat height in cocpkit view
    on FX10? (UsinG Shift Enter) I can adjust it in Virtual Cockpit view but not in Cockpit view. Any help?

By the way the 2D Cockpit Transparency setting is cool but a bit too unrealistic for my tastes.

I spent 3 hours tweaking today, changing screen resolution and logginf Frame rate ,changing scenery settings,traffic settings,display settings and I'm still mired in 7-11 frame rates during landing which makes my Sidewinder unreliable.

I found changing the res settings had little effect.
    I am defragging now.

I also moving my digital image files (11 gigs) to the other drive

John

Acer Ferrari 5005 TL60
    AMD Turion 64x2
    2G DDR2 RAM

Blog Entries

Default RE: FSX Seat height in Cockpit view.

Hi John,
    I guess most everybody who answers these basic questions has gotten tired of answering the same questions over and over. But us ol' folks sometime have a bit more time and patience...

See page 10 of the Insider Information booklet that came with your Sim. It explains the difference: Shift+{enter} for the VC; Ctrl+Q for the 2D.

FSX works differently. Things have changed. You should read the VIEWS section in the learning center (and all the rest of it). But now to answer the question:

Shift+enter does move the viewpoint in the 2D cockpit. Sit on the runway and try it. You will get closer and further from the runway; unfortunately, you WILL NOT MOVE THE PANEL for a better view which is what you are trying to accomplish. So use the ctrl+Q and shift+ctrl+Q to TILT the view downward and upward. NOTE, this is not an incremental view but a slow "pan" type movement. You must hold the keys until you get the view you want.

The kneeboard keys does not seem to list it; the control assignments does but confusingly, describing CTRL+Q as "View (always pan down)" - like that's meaningful!

Anyway, now you know and eventually you will forget (or get used to) some of this wackiness <G>

Oh, and by the way - some aircraft have several panels of differing heights just to take care of this "I can't see the runway" issue. The Cessna 172 does; I think the King Air did -- the others I'm less sure about. Press W to see the other forward 2D views in your preferred aircraft.

Welcome to the forums. Hope you get thousands of hours of enjoyment from Flight Simulator - I certainly have.

There is a learning curve -- consider that Windows comes on 1 CD. FSX comes on 2 DVDs. I'm still learning FS9 after several years of play and this beauty could take almost forever.

Loyd
    Hooked since FS4... now flying:
    self-built i7-4790 at 4 GHz; GA-Z97X mobo; GTX 970; 8GB gskill; 840 EVO OS; 840 EVO game drive; Win 7/64; quiet, fast and cool running.

3. Thumbs up Best Reply EVER

Quote Originally Posted by llivaudais View Post
    Hi John,
    I guess most everybody who answers these basic questions has gotten tired of answering the same questions over and over. But us ol' folks sometime have a bit more time and patience...

How refreshing to see an uncondescending answer to an honest inquiry! When I come to the forum looking for help (or thru a Google search), I'm looking for an answer, not a lecture on how dumb I am or how superior you are to me. I usually have 6 or more tabs already open in my browser as a result of my search for an answer, and the last possible thing I want to see is "read the manual, stupid!".

What I want to see is a straightforward answer, followed by an explanation I can understand with perhaps a link or reference following so I know where to look next time or to expand my knowledge. Some on here just assume a newbie is born with the knowledge it took them years of experience to accumulate. It's frustrating in the extreme to have to wade thru posts that don't actually accomplish what I came here to achieve, that being to fix my problem (or find out if it CAN be fixed), then getting back to flying.

Sometimes I wonder if the members of this community are more interested in helping others, or merely tearing them down to boost their self esteem! Thanks for the perfect reply to the post, not only to the original poster, but to the hundreds that follow that will gain by your thoughtful reply.

-Rudy

Quote Originally Posted by pks4000 View Post
    Has anyone had problems with raising the seat height in cocpkit view on FX10? (UsinG Shift Enter) I can adjust it in Virtual Cockpit view but not in Cockpit view.
    Just to clarify, the VC cockpit view (F9) moves your Eyepoint up/down/left/right/forwards/backwards,
    and the 2D cockpit view (F10) moves your Seat up/down-

DEFAULT KEYS VC COCKPIT (F9) EYEPOINT MOVEMENT
    Hold the keys down to slide your eyeballs. Then throw in some zoom in/out with keys '-' and '=' to get it looking how you like it.
    SHIFT Enter= Up
    SHIFT Backspace=Down
    SHIFT CTRL Enter= RIGHT
    SHIFT CTRL Backspace= LEFT
    CTRL Backspace= Forward
    CTRL Enter= Back
    Hold CTRL and hit SPACE= Reset

However, the 2D COCKPIT (F10) is completely different from the VC because you move your view up and down by raising/lowering the seat. Press and hold the default keys-
    CTRL Q= Up
    CTRL SHIFT Q= Down

I did a series of stunning screenshots about it on page 35 of this sensational thread not so long ago-
    http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showth...resting/page35

(PS- I post most of my pics via Photobucket, but after they did some recent "upgrading" to their site some pics are refusing to display properly for me and other people (just a blank space or placeholder icon). I've been on to Pbucket about it and they now claim to have fixed it, but if my pics are still not displaying can Flightsim.com members let me know and I'll take it up with Pbucket further)
    Last edited by ScatterbrainKid; 03-31-2016 at 06:28 PM.

Hey Scatter,

I agree, your series of screenies is "stunning." And they and all the others' "stunning" screenies showed up fine today.

So I'm guessing Photobucket is working correctly. Though I still wonder why you bother with Photobucket. I've seen tons of "stunning" screenies here that didn't go through Photobucket or any other 3rd party.

Blog Entries

thank you Rudy. People also appreciate a 'thanks' from time to time.

Loyd
    self-built i7-4790 at 4 GHz; GA-Z97X mobo; GTX 970; 8GB gskill; 840 EVO OS; 840 EVO game drive; Win 7/64; quiet, fast and cool running.

lost between how it is and how it ought to be

Loyd, sorry you had to wait ten years for that.

peace,
    the Bean
    WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.
    They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Blog Entries

Ten years: the scarey thing is, it seems like only yesterday or last week at the latest.

from Simon/Garfunkle song "old friends": 'how terribly strange to be 70....'

that means this sim we love is also 10 years old?? Where did the time go?

LL

PS: I miss Opa too.

Where did the time go?

LL
    Time's fun when your havin' flies! Definitely a well deserved thank you!
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

Ten years: the scarey thing is, it seems like only yesterday or last week at the latest.

from Simon/Garfunkle song "old friends": 'how terribly strange to be 70....'

that means this sim we love is also 10 years old?? Where did the time go?

LL

PS: I miss Opa too.
    Believe me at age 70 as well, I understand! I saw Sonny and Cher, The Beach Boys, The Ventures, The Monkees, and several other rock groups live while stationed in So. Cal. I even helped "catch" Tinkerbell when she flew into the castle at Disneyland more than once during that era.

The broadcast companies and many other groups such as the Anaheim Angels sent buses to military bases and nursing homes, gave people dinner, etc. just so they'd be there and provide an active audience for their live shows!

That's exactly what the "Tea Party" does here in Kentucky today. Every time the rest of us try to legalize gambling, make more counties "wet," etc. The Tea Party picks their supporters up in buses, feeds them breakfast, lunch, etc. then after the hearings or other events are over take them back close to their homes.

But when you ask these "supporters" why they are there on any given day. They usually respond that the meals are great and the people who picked them up care about them!

What is our country coming to??!!