Thread: How to Make and Post a FSX Screenshot.?

1. Default How to Make and Post a FSX Screenshot.?

Where can I find out how to do a screenshot (FSX) and post it here?
    Thanks.

Default RE: How to Make and Post a FSX Screenshot.?

Captain America,
    I don't know what program you used before, but it would be the same process as for FS9, using the same program. If you never did it before, I will tell you how I do it.

I have IrFanview (free program, google it) and when I want a screenshot I hit the 'PrtScrn' key. Then I window and minimize FSX (Alt+Enter)- NO NEED TO QUIT FSX-it sits there in 'pause' until you post pic-'on the fly'. Then I dbl click to open IrFanview (Icon looks like a little red devil) and hit 'Paste'. Then I go 'Image\resize' and make it 717x??? (best fit for forum window) and Save. Go look at size, as this forum has a 100 Kb size limit. And USE JPG NOT GIF OR BMP pics will be huge (1.5 mb). Jpg WITH IRFANVIEW of <100 kb is easy!

With IrFanview it's easy to keep resizeing until you get under 100 Kb as quality stay much the same. You can go 'Image\Enhance Image' and move sliders to get a littl more contrast, brighten shadows (Gamma) and even more Color (Saturation).

Then I just Save to 'My Documents' (no need to do a lot of browsing to find it later) and use relevant name. Then I go forum window, and below it says 'Click here to choose your attachment'. Click on it, then choose 'jpg' and 'Ck here to imbed link in message body' (so it will show automatically in post). After checking those, browse to your 'My Documents' and click on your jpg, then click on 'Download Now' and WAIT (takes about 20 secs) and in 'Attachment' window you should see FSCom's name and number for your jpg (will NOT be the name YOU gave it-FSCom re-names it so they can work with it). That's it.
    Chuck

Look at my post "I love the new screenshooting system". No need of screen shooting software, as FSX does it for you.

I saw it, and it's (Win's 95/98 type tool-Power Toys-haha). The question/problem is/was: and I quote- ''and post it here?''. OK?

So, to be able to post, you must (should?) reduce size to 100 Kb. So what is the shortest route? What 'works'? IrFanview has a small footprint, and you can minimize FSX and run it without any problems.

Done it with FSX, so I know. When you load 3 Mb Bmp, you can immediately save as jpg and go from 3 Mb to 180 Kb!!, and doing a quick re-size to 717x??? and saving should make jpg close to 100 kb. Time: 20 seconds. Post Pic to FSCom: 1 min. Done.

You pick the wrong 'tool' in Power Toys, and it will reformat your HDrive, and that will take hours. And hours to repair (just kidding).
    Chuck

I do not agree. It only takes a few seconds to convert and resize from the BMP to JPG with Microsot Office Picture Manager, which everyone owns with Win XP.

You may not AGREE, but it's STILL correct (technically) if you do this. I can see you not agreeing if it didn't work.

I offer this info as an 'how to' for those of us that might want to try something different. Not all know PSP or worked with MOP Mgr.

It was not up for discussion as to whether it was what 'media' guru's like or don't like. Let's not disgust it.
    Chuck