Questions about the MSFS development team
OK. Here I am in January thinking, like thousands of other enthusiasts, about how different will FSX be over FS9 when it is released towards the end of this year. Wondering what new features it will have, reading the posts of others listing wishlists, and thinking "Yes, I'd like to see that too!"
And while I am thinking these things, somewhere in Redmond is a team of programmers working on this new version, taking decisions what to add, what not - what is feasible, and what isn't!
And the more I though about this group of people working on MY new version of Flightsim, the more I started to wonder about them, and how little I know about them. And these are some of the questions that arose in my mind:
1. How many programmers are in the team that work on FSX?
2. What is the average age of these programmers?
3. How many male - How many female?
4. How many fly themselves in the real-world - male/female
5. What sort of hours do you put in each day - do they increase as the ship date nears?
6. Do they all live in the Redmond area?
7. How many moved from out-of-state to work on FS at Redmond?
8. How many work from home (Given the excellent communications we enjoy at present
8. How many actually fly FS after it is released, and for how long?
9. Do they fly any other flightsims and compare?
10.Have they ever released a version,played it, and later thought "I should have done those trees a bit better!
I would be interested is someone, particularly off the FSX team, enlightening me as to the answers to questions.
I started out with nothing...and I still have most of it!
I make good decisions based on my experience. My experience came from making bad decisions!