For what it's worth, here's my wishlist:
1. Pleeeeeeease no stuttering in FSX. The stuttering in FS2004 has driven me insane over the last couple of years, despite having a decent system and trying every trick in the book to get rid of it. I'd say this is the single most important thing.
2. Backwards compatibility with current AI traffic (i.e. PAI models, AI Aardvark models, etc., even if the AI traffic engine is improved somehow in FSX.)
2. Precipitation accumulation on the ground at airports. If the weather engine can somehow read how long it's been snowing or raining for from the last one or two METAR reports, along with the precipitation intensity from each and then depict the realistic snow/rain accumulation on the ground.
3. Also, the addition of other weather phenomena such as hail, sleet, ice, frost, along with effects such as a yellow/orange coloured haze to depict dust/sandstorms in desert areas & visible iceing on planes.
4. If it's the intention of the developers to keep the detailed sceneries for the major airports such as JFK, DFW, Seattle etc. maybe we could have the option of disabling the detailed sceneries for people who like to have a lot of AI traffic and have 'default' type airport sceneries for these particular airports as well? The current detailed sceneries and realistic amounts of AI traffic on the ground at these airports just absolutely kill framerates.
5. Another important issue I think is the dense AI traffic zones that you get around areas like New York and LA, whereby the huge concentration of AI flying around affects FPS badly. Especially on approaches! Something needs to be done about this IMO. Maybe with the introduction of AI traffic flying STARS & SIDs, there could maybe be some way of only actually displaying IFR traffic that is either on a STAR or SID at the time when the user plane is in the area, thus reducing overall traffic levels in the area. Then, when the user plane is leaving the designated 'high traffic-density area', all AI planes can be displayed again. Again, maybe just a mad idea?! Maybe have two different AI percentage sliders as opposed to one, with a slider dedicated to IFR traffic & one dedicated to VFR traffic, i.e. instead of simply disabling one or the other, have a slider for both traffic types this time. Or even about 4 or 5 AI traffic sliders, for jets, turboprops, etc., whereby engine type is specified in the aircraft's flight plan.
6. Regional variation with ATC controllers' accents.
7. More regional variation of autogen buildings and trees, more different types of buildings/trees, along with higher levels of autogen density. Also I still think the autogen could be a lot better quality, such as like the Koorbygen, which is superb and adds a very realistic touch to low level flying and visuals when on the ground. Also, the default autogen buidings and trees are too small IMO. Again, the Koorbygen & BEV/VOZ buildings & trees have managed to get this just right. With regard to autogen density, the extremely dense setting doesn't have any really noticeable adverse effect on FPS on my system as such, it's only the AI and clouds that tend to be the big frame rate killers IMO. The default forests are especially unrealistic, as they just aren't anywhere near dense enough for them to be plausible. Maybe even have the type of forests that some scenery designers use, whereby areas of woodland/forests are made up of one or a number of larger polygons (such as in the UK2000 scenery, for example).
8. Again, more wishful thinking on my part maybe (?!), but sloping runways (which would address the the 'plateau'/'sunken' airports problem), as well as potholes in runways etc. Runways and taxiways should look a lot more weathered as well in a lot of cases. More of a variety of taxiway, runway textures maybe?
10. The introduction of relevant ambient sounds at airports, rural strips, etc. for added realism.
P4P800-E Deluxe MOBO
P4 3.2 GHz CPU/800 MHz FSB
1 GB Corsair TwinX XMS3200XL Pro PC3200 RAM
Powercolor X800 Pro 256MB
Antec TruePower 430W PSU
160GB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM HD
Win XP Home