Thread: ATC give you wind direction and force when about to take off or land.

Default ATC give you wind direction and force when about to take off or land.

Like in real life, I would appreciate to have the FS10 ATC give you the wind direction and force when you are about to take off or to land.

I guess it's a simple development but it would add a lot to the simulation.

:-)

Default RE: ATC give you wind direction and force when about to take off or land.

Actually, most places in the U.S. expect you to have ATIS, and they only give you wind info if it's changed appreciably from the report on ATIS, unless you specifically ask for it. Perhaps it's different elsewhere?

And in FS you can do SHIFT-Z to get wind and other info. I've not yet been able to do that in real aircraft. :-)

Larry N.

3. Default RE: ATC give you wind direction and force when about to take off or land.

I agree, in Vegas they give wind direction to 99 out 100 planes on takeoff. Very rare occasions I didn't hear it. The same for Houston and Beaumont.

Default RE: ATC give you wind direction and force when about to take off or land.

Yeah, like at towered airports, you could pull up the ATC menu and click on "Wind Check" and ATC would tell it to you...

My example is upon landing...sometimes the winds get screwy for us here @ KGFK and we get a quick wind check on final

|Win7 x64 | Gigabyte P67A UD4 B3 | Intel i5 2500k @ 4.2GHz | eVGA GTX570 1280MB | 2x4 GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance | 1TB Samsung Spinpoint | 120GB Mushin Callisto SSD | 36GB Raptor | 250GB Seagate | Seasonic X750w | Corsair 650D|

I don't know about the others, but with EVP installed, ATC does give me the wind direction and force on TO and landing in FS9...
    -----------------------------------------
    Simon