Thread: Pitch

Default Pitch

My 727 will not follow the pitch settings. My FD shows the 10 pitch up but the plane does not respond. Both a/p levers are set. The a/p follows the selected heading great, no go on the pitch. That's the reason FSNav wasn't working for me. Thanks.

Default RE: Pitch

Flight director doesn't control the pitch. The autopilot controls the pitch. Set the desired pitch angle with the flight director. Fly the jet to that pitch (by hand). Engage the elevator paddle on the AP and it will hold that pitch angle. You can adjust the pitch by pushing up and down on the AP pitch adjust knob.

Best Regards,
    [link:www.dreamfleet2000.com/Previews/727/preview_home.html|http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/im...rowning01.jpg]

Okay, this is depressing. For some reason the plane is not following my pitch commands. I t/o already having pitch set to 10 degrees. I climb to about 2500 ft. hand flying it to a pitch up of 10 degress. I then turn on ail. and elev. switches, set fd to hdg mode. The plane tracks the heading but does not follow the pitch. I turned off the elev. switch, got the plane back to a 10 degree pitch and turned on the elev. again, the plane stayed at my set pitch but I don't know if it was because I flew it there and trimmed it. I then set my a/p pitch setting to 6 degrees, the plane stayed at 10 degrees. Again the elev. lever is on, and my flight dir. is in hdg mode. I'm sorry if I'm just not getting it. I've been around fs awhile and usually figure this stuff out. Thanks

Are you sure you use the pitch control of the autopilot ?

The fd and ap are not coupled thus the Ap does not care at all what the FD is indicating.

In case you select/command the pitch using the FD pitch command knob then the AP won't follow. The only way to adjust pitch for the AP is the pitch control wheel on the AP panel.
    Best Regards,
    Ingo Voigt
    DF 727 and F1 ATR Documentation

Good #####! I've been flying the 737 NGs for a year now and have gotten lazy. You're right, I was trying to control the a/p with the f/d, I feel SO stupid. This is a wonderful experience BTW.

LOL! We've all been there, for sure.

Best,
    Bill Browning

I was wondering how long it would take for the 737NG to get mentioned! :-lol

Not much in common between the NG and the 727. ;-)

Even less in common between the NG and the ATR, and for a while I thought our ATR forum was the 737NG forum! :-eek

Anyway, happy to hear it got sorted out.

Now, I can only imagine what will happen with our forthcoming Beech A36 and the 737NG! :-lol

Regards,
    [link:www.dreamfleet2000.com|http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/im...nners/LOU.gif]
    [font size=1][font color=blue]Can you pilot a plane, instead of programming an FMC to do it for you?[/font color= blue][/font size=1]
    Regards,
    Lou Betti

At least the A36 will have an FMC:-eek

Default Speaking of that NG

One more thing Lou, I don't appreciate you guys giving me all this workload. In my old favorite airliner I could watch TV, fiddle with e-mail, drink beer and fly it all at the same time. Now I don't even have time to chew gum while flying this beast...}>

Default RE: Speaking of that NG

Haha, that are the planes, real pilots fly!