We could easily release the RG today, Friday, however we have decided to hold it off until at least tomorrow (you never knew that we might also release on a Saturday if necessary!).
Basically we just want to have one more check of it with the testers to be sure nothing has creeped in to the release candidate. Everything seems very solid with it, and I just installed it, and it seems fine, but we want to be sure.
The original 177 was essentially bug-free, and we want to be certain the RG is also, so we can move forward with the 310, without any RG issues to deal with later on. :-)