I was once like many of you - convinced that the 737 autoland feature was sadistically malfunctioning on my system. It HAS to be a bug! Localizer tracked just fine, glidescope coming alive....captured and....Plunge to the fiery death! Left only with the incessant call of "glidescope, glidescope" berating me. My sullen face illuminated by the blood red bar at the top of the screen reading one word that fuels my smoldering frustration - CRASH! Huh?! What happened? I've read the manuals...more than once. More than ten times actually.
So, I got serious. I found three "P"s that helped me the most - Practice, Patience, and Pictorial. Thank you to Peter McLeland for his pictorial descent you can get here: http://www.flightsim.com/cgi/dcforum...D3&archive=yes
It gave me the jumpstart and motivation to try again...and again...and again. I found my main problem was that I was entering the glidescope capture with too high an airspeed. When I slowed things down a bit, that helped. When I paid closer attention to flap settings at critical speed, that helped. When I made sure the aircraft was firmly locked on localizer before capturing glidescope, that helped. When I dropped flaps 30 at glidescope capture that polished it up. In the end - smooth ride on a 3 degree slope all the way down to the TDZ.
Best of all, I could repeat this process over and over and over with the same results each time. Restart FS - same result. Reboot computer - same result. Conclusion - NOT the computer! NOT a bug!
Take heart fellow simmers. It CAN be done! After several months of failed attempts, it made a believer out of me!