Thread: X-plane: at airports no terminals??!

Default X-plane: at airports no terminals??!

Hi guys.

When I land at an airport, there are no terminal buildings present! Just the taxiways, landingstrips and the approns, but no buildings.
    So if I am correct the Global Scenery only gives you the terrain information so the earth is not 100% sea, but does not add buildings to your airports? Do we have to place those ourselves using the world creator?

Yskonyn -
    "Better wish down here you were up than to wish up there you were down."
    "The only time you have too much fuel on board is when you're on fire."

Default RE: X-plane: at airports no terminals??!

Check under rendering options (I forgot the exact names of the menus) and there should be a check mark for buildings at airports.

XMech,

I suppose you are talking about the 'Custom Buildings' setting?
    All options in Rendering Options are enabled, e.g. full detail, so I figured it might be the PC I ran X-plane on, so I went to another PC with more than enough power on board (A P4 2.4Ghz, 512MB DDR and a GF4 Ti4200 128MB), but also on this machine the aiports are empty!
    I do see powerlines, cities, random buildings outside the aiports, cars on the highways, etc, but on the airfields only the appron is shown! Schiphol (EHAM) is a large airport, or are only American aiports fully detailed?

Hope to hear form you.

Yskonyn -

Yes, the 'draw custom obstacles' makes them go off and on for me, in v7rc3. What version are you using? The other buildings you see must be related to the autogen settings, though I'm not positive, as I didn't experiment with that one. Don't be too disappointed, as the standard airport buildings are just a row of hangars!

X-Plane doesn't have any buildings at the major international airports. You might find a control tower and a row of hangars at some of the smaller airports, but that's it.

Rob

Ow... well uh ok thanks... :(
    That's going to be some hard work in the World Editor then, though I read that it may be futile because some scenery is not usable in higher versions of X-plane when they come out? What's up?

Yskonyn -

Well, that's one of my disappointments about X-Plane, every once in a while, such as in the case of objects people created, a change in the program renders all previous work obsolete.... I guess it doesn't matter if you keep using the same version, but who wants to get left behind? Same with the planes. There are often changes in the way the flight models are handled, then the plane you worked on so hard is undone. :-(

I suspect that this is one of the reasons why X-plane only has a fairly small amount of 'followers'.
    Add this to the fact that the scenery is quite empty and you probably have all the ingredients for no-go.
    I am not going to get my time spent on hard work when all of a sudden with some update of X-plane I cannot use it anymore!

Yskonyn -