Just wanted to post a quick piccie of the new lighting system on the Tomcat.
Even to my eye it looks sweet. Thanks to Top Gun and various internet sites the lighting is as it is in real life in so far as the limits of FS.
Looks like I might have to drop out the G-Force induced contrails tho, until I can find out how to program in XML...
What's not done yet and might have to await a future release....
- No Nav lights on the wing tips - because of swing wing (not sure if it's possible to code it in XML)
- No formation lights (night textures) as yet, seems that needed to be coded into the GMAX model :-(
- 2.5+ G induced contrails aren't showing up... Appears to be a limit of 20 effects in the lighting system and hopefully this can be re-encoded in XML (I have no clue as yet)
What I'm not satisfied with yet:
- The way the Afterburner is slaved to the lights via XML (you hit lights on and the darn things light up)
- The way the G-force contrail effects are slaved to the lights via XML (hopefully there's an alternative [non-light] way to make this effect work)
Okay that's it for now... Unless anyone has some revelations on XML for me pretty quick I'll be uploading these puppy's...
Flight Sim Studios
This first shot is with the anticollision light while it's bright
The second shot has the anticollision light when dim...