Thread: Flight Dynamics Editor from Abacus

Default Flight Dynamics Editor from Abacus

For those how are interested, Abacus have issued a newer version of the Flight Dynamics Editor. This program is freeware, and can be downloaded [link:http://www.flightsimdownloads.com/premier/fde/|from here].

FDE now supports FS98, FS2000, FS2002, CFS1 and 2.

For newbies to FS2K2 how wish to make the MD83, Dash 8 and PA28 flyable then step one is to edit the air file for these aircraft, by changing the 2 to a 0 (zero).

http://www.portree.btinternet.co.uk/fde.jpg

Hope the information is helpful to you.

Happy Simming :-wave

David

Default RE: Flight Dynamics Editor from Abacus

I still have a problem with this update. It requires FS2000, FS98, CFS, or CFS2 to be installed on your computer before it will open. I have this arrangement on my old computer but not on my new computer since I wasn't planning to use them again, only FS2002. I emailed Abacus about this the other day but it still doesn't seemed to be fixed, so if you only have FS2002 on your computer, it will not open.

If anyone has had success opening FDEditor and you only have FS2002 on your computer, please let me know. wsieffert@cfl.rr.com

Simon Evans Guest

Opens fine for me - have you placed the .exe within the file structure of FS2002..? I dropped mine into the AddOnScenery folder, which I use as a general repository for additional items and `occasionals` like this...
    It might not like being `outside` the file structure...

Simon Evans

Nope! It has always been in a separate folder as described in the readme file. I try that! I even went so far as to try and associate the air file with the program and it said can't find fsxxxxxxxx and closed.

I have been using this program for months on a computer that had all fs98, fs2000, and fs2002 and it worked fine.

According to the FDE website.

FDE looks into the Windows Registry to locate your aircraft. If your copy of FS2002, FS2000, CFS2, CFS1 and/or FS98 are not properly registered, FDE will be unable to continue. If you run into this problem, you can reinstall FS2002, FS2000, CFS2, CFS1 or FS98.

I suggest looking through your registry.

David

I seemed to have found my problem, so to speak! I am using WinXPPro with several accounts, both administrator and user. If I am in my administrator account, FDEditor finds FS2002. If I am in my user account, it doesn't, beats me but it doesn't. If I right-click FDEditor in the user account and select run as, an administrator page comes up and I can select the administrator account and password and FDEditor works.

I guess it has to do with permissions in the user account. Maybe someday I will figure out how to beat it.

If anyone knows, please let me know, because I have another piece of beta software I am evaluating that has the same problem.