For the 4th of July Weekend, I headed up to New York City (from Fort Bragg). I took dozens of photographs with my digital camera, but here are just a few of my favorites. There's only a couple of the actual city, most of them are of the aircraft that I flew on and some others I saw on the way. Please excuse if they are a little blurry. In most cases I'm resizing them from huge resolutions (2188x1788 I think) so some detail is lost.
1. Here's the Dash 8 that brought me from Fayetteville to Charlotte
2. When the Dash arrived in Charlotte, I waited till everybody else got off. Then I asked the flight attendant if I could take some photos of the cockpit. After getting permission from the captain, I snapped a few pictures, here's one of them:
3. At Charlotte, with 90 minutes to spare until my connecting flight, I walked around and took pictures of practically every plane there. There were many 737's...
4. And a couple of Airbus (A321 here). I was disappointed that I couldn't find a US Airways A330 though.
5. And here is a rare one, a Northwest DC-9!
6. Here is the 737-400 that brought me from Charlotte to Newark
7. Here's a picture onboard the 737 enroute to EWR, it was a very hazy day!
8. When the 737 landed at EWR, again, I waited till everybody else got off, then I asked the flight attendant if I could take some pictures of the cockpit. The captain let me, and he even told me to get in the pilot's seat so he could take a picture of me! I couldn't believe it.
9. I spoke with the first officer for a little while about how the 737 flew, and how he had become a 737 first officer for US Airways. After taking a few more pictures of the instrument panel, I headed on to New York City.
Here's the Empire State Building
10. And here's the Verrazzano Narrows Bridge, which the bus I was on had to cross to get me home on Staten Island (I rode the ferry back to Manhattan the next day)
11. One more shot! A TAP A340-200 I caught while I was at EWR. Thanks for looking at these.
I got dozens of other pics but this post is getting too long as it is! Maybe I'll do a Part II later.
Albaro Villegas SPC [link:www.army.mil|US Army] | FDX1243 [link:www.vfedex.com|Virtual Fedex]
www.md11.net www.vfedex.com | [link:www.ifdg.net|iFDG] - MD-11 Designer
No more Disco Chicken because he's 24 pixels too tall.
The mods are watching me!