DO228 100 HD Series
The Dornier Do 228 is a twin-turboprop STOL utility aircraft, manufactured by Dornier GmbH (later DASA Dornier, Fairchild-Dornier) from 1981 until 1998.
The model being reviewed has been created by Carenado, a developer well known by MSFS, P3D and X-Plane users alike. Over the years Carenado have cemented their place in the flight simulator history book as a team which produces visually authentic models. These range from the simple yet much loved Cessna 152, to the much larger Beechcraft 1900 twin turboprop. In this review, I'll be looking at Carenado's latest offering, the Dornier Do 228 to see if she too displays Carenado's usual trademark for quality.
- 2 Pilots & 14 Passengers
- Length: 49 ft 3 in (15.03m)
- Wingspan: 55 ft 7 in (16.09m)
- Height: 15 ft 9 in (4.86m)
- Empty Weight: 7132 lbs (3235 kg)
- Maximum Takeoff Weight: 12,570 lbs (5700 kg)
- Powerplant: Two 535kW (715 shp) Garrett TPE3315 Turboprops
- Range: 1075 miles (934nm, 1730km)
- Extended Range: 1224 miles (1064nm, 1970km)
- Rate of Climb: 2050 ft/min
- Service Ceiling: 29,600 ft
- Max Cruising Speed: 233 kts
Download and Installation
When purchasing the aircraft from the FS PilotShop, you are provided with a ZIP file which contains two files. One is the executable installer for the package and the other an RTF installation document.
When clicking on the installer (note: you MUST extract the installer, otherwise it will not work), you are prompted with a dialogue box where you are asked to input your email and serial key; the latter provided by the FS PilotShop. As is the norm nowadays, an internet connection is required to confirm the serial key.
Once activated, you are asked which simulator the package is being installed into. Select your chosen platform and after a minute or so your newly purchased package is ready to use.