The T-28D is an add-on aircraft for FSX with either Service Pack 2 or Acceleration.
The T-28 was initially created as a two seat trainer for the US Air Force with the first aircraft flying in 1949. The aircraft had a short production run with the last new T-28 delivered in 1958. The original A model had a miserly 800 horsepower, 7 cylinder radial engine and a two bladed prop. The Navy became interested in the aircraft and ordered 491 B models which had the considerably more powerful 1425 horsepower Wright Cyclone R-1820-86 9 cylinder engine. The C model followed a few years later and this was modified with a tail hook for carrier operation. A shorter prop was installed on the C to prevent prop strike. Some of the original A models were modified with a larger engine and became the D model. These D models saw combat in various regions around the world.
This aircraft is based upon the T-28D "Huff 'n' Puff" from Warbird Aviation at Archerfield. The aircraft has a 1,425 horsepower 9 cylinder Wright Cyclone radial engine with typical cruise speeds from 180 to 200 kts. Climb rates can approach 4000 fpm.
- Native FSX model
- Incredibly detailed model with full animations and completely clickable virtual cockpit
- Silky smooth 3D gauges
- Two different models. DUAL model contains front and rear cockpits. SOLO model contains front cockpit only for better frame rates.
- Lovely 3D style landing lights
- Fully adjustable interior panel lighting with individually switchable lights and intensity
- Original period radio sets (modern transponder and autopilot available as 2D popups only)
- 7 liveries
- Genuine thumping radial engine sounds
- Open canopy wind noise
- Individual sounds for switches, knobs, etc.
- Custom engine start routine for realistic engine starts (auto start also available)
- Two-speed supercharger correctly modelled
- Animations for wheel chocks and pitot covers
- Animated pilot and copilot models which can be displayed or hidden
- Realistic prop torque effect for better flight dynamics
- In game Animation Manager for setting program preferences