Review: Short Flights From Simple FSX Missions
By Bill Stack
|Screen shot by Simple FSX Missions|
Short Missions by Simple FSX Missions contains 10 missions for Microsoft Flight Simulator X®. Four missions are categorized as intermediate skill level, and six are expert level.
- Intermediate missions start short of the active runways.
- Expert missions start at the gates.
- Pilots navigate by following audio instructions from their copilots.
- Expert missions involve the use of flight plans and air traffic control.
- Some missions are commercial airline flights, and others are general aviation.
- Durations range from 30 minutes to 60 minutes.
- Simulation rewards are earned at successful completion of each mission.
- All missions were created by Max Scarcia.
|Atlanta to Macon||Georgia, U.S.A.||Bombardier CRJ 700||Expert|
|Buenos Aires to Bahia Blanca||Argentina||Boeing 737||Expert|
|Cape Town to Sumersveld||South Africa||Beechcraft Baron 58||Intermediate|
|Christchurch to Wellington||New Zealand||Bombardier Learjet 45||Intermediate|
|Heathrow to Bristol||England||Boeing 737||Expert|
|Manila to Plaridel||Philippines||Moony Bravo||Intermediate|
|Molakai to Honolulu||Hawaii||Bombardier CRJ 700||Expert|
|Princess Juliana to Grand Case||Netherlands Antilles||Cessna 172||Intermediate|
|Rome to Pescara||Italy||Bombardier CRJ 700||Expert|
|Tokushima to Osaka||Japan||Boeing 737||Expert|
|The Buenos Aires mission does not appear in the list on Simple FSX Missions' product description, but it is in the package.|
These missions can be found in the FSX missions menu by selecting the SFSXSM Short Flights category. Each mission begins with a briefing that contains separate screens for overview, details, and facility information. As can be seen from my screen shots, the overview and details screens provide minimal information. The facility-information screen presents tabular data that resembles what is found in the FSX map.
Expert missions involve air traffic control, prescribed instrument approaches, and GPS navigation. They require complete taxiing because they begin at the gates. Intermediate missions require some taxiing because they begin short of the active runways. Durations and skill levels are unrelated. A "certificate" is awarded to upon successful completion of each mission.
|MISSION SELECTION SCREENS|
Mission Facility Information