* * * * * * * * PRESS RELEASE * * * * * * * * *
According to the hub's Director of Flight Operations, Senior Commercial Captain Frank Hartmann, each and every one of the direct routes on Noble Air Gatwick's flight schedule, 284 in all, now has an adventure and an associated flight plan that can be used with it, a first among virtual airlines.
The adventures are available in FS6 and FS5.x versions and include many advanced features, including:
- Realistic warning sounds and systems of modern jet aircraft.
- A Virtual Co-Pilot who mimics the responsibilities of a real life co-pilot, such as takeoff calls, airspeed calls, landing calls, radio operation, and autopilot operation.
- Navigation is fully controlled by Air Traffic Control (ATC), from takeoff to landing, including vectors to final approach, altitude change requests from the pilot or from ATC, and direction, distance and ETA to destination.
- Crew to passenger announcements are automatically made at the appropriate times.
- Four different ATC Chatter options exist, utilizing about 450 different .wav files.
- The adventures can be started in mid-flight, which is very handy after an untimely simulator lockup.
- Pilots can have the adventures do all of the navigating for them, or they can fly according to their own flightplan, including STAR and SID procedures.
- And finally, the adventures include dynamically changing weather,including on-demand weather reports.
The adventures and information on how to use them can be found at the Noble Air Gatwick Flight Schedule Page, which can be accessed through the Noble Air Gatwick homepage at www.telebyte.nl/~pgreq/gatwick.htm
Noble Air is a virtual airline dedicated to serving the flight simulation community. We currently have close to 1,000 pilot members and with the assistance of a dedicated team of 45 volunteers, operate 22 hubs in Europe, North & South America, South Afrrica and Asia. Facilities and services are available free to anyone who would like to have the challenge of recreating the assignments of real commercial pilots, either flying commuter aircraft or longer range jets, either for domestic or international flights. Noble Air provides a simplified airline management system with a pilot perspective and is structured with 21 hubs, each one having established extensive flight schedules.
To learn more about Noble Air, you can access our web site at http://www.enterprise.net/noble-air or do a search on the FSForum for files containing the words "Noble" or "NBL". As a Compuserve FSForum member, you can also peruse the Noble Air related messages in section 18: Simulated Airlines.
For further information, please contact:
Paul Groenendaal, Noble Air Gatwick HUB Captain
Yves Trepanier, President, Noble Air
John Woodside, CEO, Noble Air