Precision Manuals Develops the 747-400PS1 User's GuideFor Immediate Release
01/13/98 4CDs Corporation, Millbury, MA
4CDs has announced the upcoming release of the 747-400PS1 User's Guide by Precision Manuals Inc. This has been developed for users of the 747-400 simulation by Aerowinx. Tailored for the current 1.2 version, this book will satisfy the demands of all users of the program and enthusiasts of the 747-400.
- Packaged in a Three Ring Binder, the 747-400PS1 User's Guide closely replicates the look, feel and presentation of the actual Aircraft Operating Manual for the 747-400.
- The 747-400 PS1 User's Guide is over 225 pages in length, and comes complete with numbered index dividers, sheet pushers and two laminated double sided checklists for in flight use. In addition- the User's Guide has:
- 180 Graphics/Diagrams
- 57 Information/Lookup tables
- 79 Procedural checklists, including two fully laminated in flight checklists.
- The 747-400PS1 User's Guide provies a complete technical overview of the 747-400, including weight/speed/flap setting tables, performance specifications, limitations and operating procedures, as well as a thorough and well presented overview of proper "flying technique."
- Eleven fully indexed and cross referenced chapters include:
- Takeoff Performance, planning and calculation information.
- Landing Performance, planning and calculation information.
- Aircraft Performance Requirements and Limitations
- Normal Procedures (step by step guide from "Battery On" to "Battery Off"
- Abnormal Procedures. More than 40 trouble shooting procedures and checklists. The complete guide to handling those "little emergencies."
- Cockpit Systems: Learn to use all of the communication, navigation, Primary Flight Display, Navigation Display and EICAS Systems to their greatest potential.
- Automatic Flight Systems: Learn how the autoflight systems 'really' work.
- Manual Flight Techniques: Learn to fly the 747-400 by hand with consistancy and precision. (Learn some tricks from the real cockpit, too!)
- Automatic Flight Techniques: Learn to fly the 747-400 with precision using the automatic flight systems.
- Aircraft Systems: A complete and in depth descussion (over 50 pages worth) of the Electrical System, Engines and Engine Systems, Fire Suppression, Flight Controls, Fuel System, Hydraulic System, Landing Gear and Pneumatic Systems modeled in 747-400PS1. This section will bring you up to speed on how the aircraft systems really work, and how to manage them to your benefit.
- Flight Management Computer Guide: The complete reference work for the 747-400PS1 FMC! Tailored specifically to cover all of the operating modes currently modelled in 747-400PS1, this guide convers all aspects of flight and FMC operation in detail with more than 65 diagrams and easy to read instructions. The FMC Guide also includes simulator specific functions such as programming 'Company Routes," editing the navigation database, and building your own database of SIDs and STARs.
- The 747-400PS1 User's Guide also includes two laminated checklist sets for use during flight. (One set to match the verbal checklists in 747-400PS1, the second set to match the manufacturer's suggested checklist procedure.)