Turbine Sound Studios proudly presents the Piper Cub Continental 65 sound pack for FS2004 and FSX.
The Piper J-3 Cub is a small, simple, light aircraft that was built between 1937 and 1947 by Piper Aircraft. With tandem (fore and aft) seating, it was intended for flight training but became one of the most popular and best-known light aircraft of all time.
The Cub's simplicity, affordability and popularity invokes comparisons to the Ford Model T automobile. The aircraft's standard chrome yellow paint has come to be known as "Cub Yellow" or "Lock Haven Yellow".
- Crew: one pilot
- Capacity: one passenger
- Length: 22 ft 5 in (6.83 m)
- Wingspan: 35 ft 3 in (10.74 m)
- Height: 6 ft 8 in (2.03 m)
- Wing area: 178.5 ft2 (16.58 m2)
- Empty weight: 765 lb (345 kg)
- Useful load: 455 lb (205 kg)
- Max takeoff weight: 1,220 lb (550 kg)
- Powerplant: one Continental A-65-8 air-cooled flat four, 65 hp (48 kW) at 2,350 rpm
More News From TSS: