The US Air Force made history when it specified the requirement for a replacement to their T-33 trainer. As often happens in aviation, a design struggling to fill its original role morphs into a swan, envied and treasured as an immortal classic. Northrop Aviation was struggling on the overweight and underpowered N-102 "Fang" light fighter, when the USAF approached with the historic requirement for a supersonic dual trainer. From this a superstar was born, and a five decade long love affair began, with over 50,000 military pilots testifying to the jet's beauty!
Now you can experience the joy of flying this historic aircraft, complete with the accurate replication of those same buffet sounds and vibrations that many thousands of pilots around the world came to regard as the jet speaking to them. Military Visualizations has spared no effort or expense to tune the flight model to extract every possible element of reality. How realistic is it? Two real-world T-38 pilots have given it their personal seals of approval, devoting hundreds of hours to wring out the design! They didn't stop until our jet reminded them of fond memories in Air Training Command traffic patterns, flying a jet that would make any pilot green with envy not in that cockpit with them!
Further, the interior cockpit is faithful down to the last switch! Even the translucent gear handle operates and looks like the real thing. If the gear fails to extend normally, simply pull the alternate gear handle just like in the real jet and let gravity do its job!
But, we did not stop there! What good is a great jet without a world to fly it in! With that fact in mind, MilViz created realistic ground support equipment, as well as AI traffic and realistically customized military airbases where the jets in our package were based! You can fly in a world alive around you!
To ensure you are able to extract the most joy possible, we included two flight manuals! One is a quick start for those who just want to "kick the tires and light the fires," and the other a very comprehensive Pilot's Operating Handbook, over 240 pages in length, that is nearly a verbatim replication of the real-world T-38A manual. It is complete with actual performance charts, real-world normal and emergency procedures, plus exhaustive descriptions and operations of the cockpit avionics and equipment. It even provides the latest in actual USAF flight tests to help you obtain those picture-perfect landings that all pilots crave for!
The T-38A model depicted in this package is a highly detailed replica of its real-life counterpart. The model was created by using high quality digital photos and many drawings!
The outstanding features of this aircraft are:
- A high quality 3D VC
- 5 different liveries and more in free packs
- High resolution paint kit
- Highly detailed Pilots Operating Handbook: 116 pages written by a real pilot and includes all performance charts and figures. If you choose to, you can fly by the numbers, or fly as casual as you wish!
- High quality sound set. including startups with two types of huffers and shutdown.
- Extremely realistic night lighting, landing lights and custom effects.
- Flight dynamics tested and tuned by real T-38A pilots. The aircraft flies just like its real world counterpart!
- Aircraft features an exterior model manager that enables you to install/remove the huffers, chocks, and show/hide the pilots (from external view only).