Aircraft Factory Releases Heinkel He-219 "Uhu"
Heinkel's He 219 Uhu is undoubtedly one of the most advanced aircraft to emerge from World War II. Conceived solely as a gun platform to serve as a defensive night fighter, the plane featured a bubble-top cockpit that was well forward, affording the pilot superb visibility. The cockpit was equipped with ejection seats, and was exceptionally well laid out. All controls were easy to reach and identify. Combined with the tricycle landing gear, this plane was truly a "pilot's aircraft" and was very easy to fly. It was stable and predictable, exactly what one would expect from a plane with the Uhu's intended purpose.
The earlier versions were adequately powered by the Daimler-Benz DB 603A, and had good rates of climb and acceptable top speeds approaching 400 mph. However, later versions of the He 219 were much heavier, and because the more advanced, powerful engines were in short supply, these variants suffered in performance.
- Can be flown "by the book"
- Built from actual aircraft tests
- Realistic cruise performance with realistic fuel economy including "distance-to-altitude" performance under various power settings
- Authentic drop tank release actually drops both fuel and weight
- Both modern and veteran warbird pilots helped create the "feel" of flight
- Gorgeously constructed aircraft, inside and out, down to the last rivet
- Based on the critically acclaimed Wings of POWER He-219 "Owl"
- Native specular and bump mapped high-resolution lighting
- Canopy and pilot seats eject
- Oxygen flow and tank gauges
- Almost every single item historically correct and clickable
- Authentic reflector gunsight with day and night settings
- Retractable bulletproof windscreen
- Extendable ladder
- Naturally animated pilot and radar officer
- Professionally recorded and mastered engine sounds including realistic prop effects
- Directional 3D-engineered sounds from A2A recorded sound from all viewing angles
- Stall buffet, canopy, ground roll, flaps, gyro, and authentic cockpit wind
- Special canopy pressurizing and release sounds
- "Special Effects" package includes:
- Historically accurate lighting for stunning nighttime visuals
- Realistic startup visuals modeled after the real aircraft
- Belly landings with realistic effects
Also From The Aircraft Factory: