View Full Version : Changing airpot designator
07-30-2007, 03:55 PM
Is it possible to change the airport designator? My local airport (N67) changed its designator several years ago to KNOB and I would like to follow suit.
07-30-2007, 04:08 PM
Correction: that should be KLOM (not KNOB)
07-31-2007, 03:34 PM
This is a two step process - creating KLOM and then removing N67. We will be using AFCAD. If you do not have it, download and install it.
First we'll create KLOM.
1. Load the Stock AFCAD for N67 (or if you have done one already, load that one).
2. If this is a modifcation of the stock airport, File/Save As, AF2_KLOM.bgl (save in Addon Scenery/scenery folder). Otherwise File/Save As, AF2_KLOM.bgl into the same place you have your N67 AFCAD.
3. Right click on an empty area of the airport, and enter the new Airport ID (KLOM) in place of N67.
Now we'll remove N67.
5. File/Open. Open the same N67 file you opened in step 1 (NOT your new KLOM file!).
6. Lists/Comm Frequencies, remove all frequencies
7. View/Start Locations, View/Navaids. Now select everything by dragging across (move FAR away first with the minus key). Press Delete to remove them. It will say it can't delete the navaids - that's OK.
8. File/Save (to the same folder as in step 2).
9. If in Step 7 AFCAD complained that it couldn't remove the navaids from the N67 file, you can open your new KLOM AFCAD and remove the navaids from *that* file, if you wish. I don't think this is really necessary, though.
10. Restart FS to see your changes. Hopefully FS will now list KLOM in the ATC list and not N67.
Hope this helps,
07-31-2007, 03:38 PM
Thanks Tom, I'll give it a try.
07-31-2007, 06:45 PM
Where did KNOB come from?
08-01-2007, 10:23 AM
Don't let it fall down the SINK or the DOOR will not LOCK!
08-01-2007, 02:27 PM
Great answer Jim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.