PDA

View Full Version : Dumb Question - What is FSUIPC?

ssteiner
01-03-2006, 02:05 AM
Hi everyone,

I see frequent references to this program, and it seems as though it's indispensable for many users. I don't have any idea what it is, so I'd sure appreciate a crash course (forgive the pun) to see if this is something I need to add to my ever growing FS directory...

Vonduck1
01-03-2006, 02:35 AM
FSUIPC is a module that sits in your FS9 modules dir, it allows 3rd party software to communicate with FS9.

These days - it is indespensable!

You can use the freeware version or the much more functional payware version. If you use Ch products like the yoke and peddles and Quad then its really a must have.

You should check out the website for more info!

See you

Doug

rhodges
01-03-2006, 08:25 AM
Hello Scott:

Go to http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html

Peter Dowson has a number of other neat items that contribute to your flightsim experience. I agree that FSUIPC is a must have. Before things got so complex it was even freeware and still is for individual 3rd party items, but for the total package there is a nominal charge now.

While you are at it, AutoSave is also a lifesaver IMHO. It will automatically save your most recent flights periodically so that you can select them in your menu. Great for when either you or your system goofs up. I think it is still freeware.

Good luck:
RTH

ssteiner
01-03-2006, 11:23 AM
Thanks Roger. I'll download it. The auto-save sounds good too. I always want to shoot myself if my system locks up 9 hours into an 11 hour flight to London...