PDA

View Full Version : Porto Alegre Airport invisible objects collisions

waltermeimes
11-01-2005, 05:50 AM
I'm having problems in this airport. I tried to access the yard in front of terminal 2 ( the new one), and I collided with "something". In fact I was using a bus, but no metter... Also set a few aircrafts to show up in certain gates, and they allways collide, even a Cessna Skylane in a medium gate. What's going on in SBPA, a kind of sorcery??? I'm from Porto Alegre, and this issue worries me somehow...

Thanks

Walter

P.S: I searched previously in the forum and found nothing related to that.:(

RFields
11-01-2005, 08:13 AM
Scenery designers sometimes do not add exclude files to keep some default scenery, and autogen scenery, out of their airports. Sometimes invisible effects triggers can cause these collisions.

Scenery developed for FS2002 may not have been updated with the correct new XML exclude commands.

This results in the objects not being seen because of the scenery overlay, but the object being present.

I'm not familiar with the scenery so I really can't look at the specific issues, just generalities. Does the developer have a web site / e-mail address? If it's freeware - search the web for possible fixes.

One option always highly recommended when adding new scenery is to turn off object collisions from the realism settings.