PDA

View Full Version : CH Throttle Quadrant help needed

cloudflyer
11-02-2004, 07:23 PM
Just got the throttle quadrant today. Downloaded the CH Control Manager and I'm very confused. Can someone simplify the proceedure? I have a FlightSim Yoke LE and ProPedals as well. I don't understand how the control manager works and/or how it relates to the assignments in FS9. At this point, I can't get any of my controls to work.

Michael

lesage
11-03-2004, 01:57 AM
It is easiest to configure in flight sim.. start flight sim go to the menu options, assignments.. chose the quadrent in the drop down box under joystick type. in the event catagory choose engine commands.. click on engine one, a box will appear. just move the lever you want to assign to it.. repeat for mixture and prop settings.

under sensitvites make no nullzone and all the way sensitive for the quadrant.. this is much easier that the ch manager,,

the ch manager and flight sims assignments work hand in hand... should take about 3 minuts to complete.. bob

cloudflyer
11-03-2004, 09:23 PM
Thanks Bob. Got the unit working, basics only. Would you know how to set it so that when the throttles are pulled back past the detents, I can get reverse thrust for the jets?

Michael

lesage
11-03-2004, 10:16 PM
I just set one of these up for a friend.. if i remember correct, pulling it past a detent, is the same as a button number. just assign it under retard throttles.. the keyboard command is f2, so look for that command and assign it.. keep tryin till you find it.. bob

sclincoln
11-03-2004, 11:29 PM
I asked this same question over at the CH website. (www.ch-hangar.com)
That's where you want to go. Either that or Bob Church, the CH guru, has a document on his website all about this. (www.stickworks.com) I'll try to post in more detail later but I'm at work now.

sclincoln
11-04-2004, 12:50 AM
Specifically, look at this thread:

http://www.ch-hangar.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1170

and possibly this one:

http://www.ch-hangar.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1185

Then download this word file:

http://home.att.net/~stickworks/swdownld.html#CMNOTE02

from www.stickworks.com

Basically, they tell you that the TQ is setup so that the detent and the zone behind it are typically set up as button pushes. When I first got the throttle, I tried programming that way with the detent button as F1 and the reverse throttle zone as F2 but it doesn't really work (I won't get into all the problems with it). Using the CH Control Manager in conjunction with CMFS (also available at stickworks), I was able to program in acceptable reverse thrust behavior even without using FSUIPC. So, read through the threads and that document and give it a go. If you have any trouble, you can post here again and I'll try to help you or better yet, post over on ch-hangar.com and get Bob Church to give you a few pointers.

sclincoln
11-04-2004, 12:59 AM
Just to get started, you might want to forego the CH Control Manager for now, until you understand it better. Just assign the axes and buttons from within FS. Look for Settings >> Assignments >> Joystick Axes then set all of the axes. Then go to Settings >> Sensitivities and make sure all of the sensitivities and null zones are Ok. FS likes to zero sensitivities for some reason. Then go back to joystick axes and check to make sure that the toe brakes reversed box is checked. For some reason, FS likes to change that after you exit. Set any buttons you like under Settings >> Assignments >> Buttons.

GNacino
11-05-2004, 11:05 PM
Hi,

I ordered the quadrant and am waiting for it to arrive. I have the same setup, FlightSim Yoke LE, & Pro Pedals.

My question is, I see it displayed as a 4 throttle system, do you have to reconfigure it everytime you want to fly a twin or trijet?
Is that a big deal to do?

George

sclincoln
11-06-2004, 01:08 AM
There are different colored handles for the axes which pull off and click back on. Or not if you don't care about the color.

If you're going to configure it from within FS, you'll have to reassign the axes each time and probably check sensitivities and such as well. If you use the CH Control Manager software you probably won't. I say probably because I haven't tried it. I've made lots of different maps and never had to worry about it but most of them had fairly different configurations (ie. number of axes used, etc). If you find that you set up a map for each and FS doesn't automatically recognize the setup, you could try assigning your one yoke axis in one map and not in another just so FS can distinguish them more easily.