PDA

View Full Version : CH Products Throttle Quadrant is finally released

sclincoln
10-19-2004, 05:41 AM
After having this baby on pre-order for 8 months, I'm pleased to announce that it's actually rolling off the production lines and shipping to distributors. Just check the pictures Michael took:

http://www.ch-hangar.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1108

burnside
10-19-2004, 07:48 AM
That's good to hear - as soon as some of our members take delivery, I hope they will give us some feedback here or on the hardware forum.

Dale

rhodges
10-19-2004, 07:50 PM
OH Santa::::::

Charlie Golf
10-21-2004, 11:03 AM
Scott,
I've been considering a quadrant as well. The GoFlight one looks great also but I wonder whether any of you have come across any quadrant which incorporates a trim wheel i.e. an actual wheel not a switch ?
The CH Yoke, has a wheel, but after experimenting with it, it seems to me to be more of a centreing device than trim wheel, or am I wrong, again ?

psolk
10-21-2004, 11:57 AM
I think you are correct that it was intended to be a centering device, however after 2 years with my yoke, I started using to trim the aircraft about 3 weeks ago. It was the first time ever I was able to achieve straight and level flight in a helicopter. Pretty cool...
-P

keenrw2
10-22-2004, 06:23 PM
Hi

i just brought my self a CH flight yoke ( after having my Thrust master After burner 2 USB lead eaten by our new puppy lol ) and boy what a diffeance , im also hoping to get hold of one of the Quadrants , ..they look great . Talking about CH Products ..i tryied downloading the control panel thing from there site ( v 3.5 ) but every time i click on the setup.exe i get a message saying "cant find setup exe " ..any ideas ?

Chears
Rich

http://hometown.aol.co.uk/KEENRW091970/Image4.jpg

keenrw2
10-22-2004, 06:38 PM
>I think you are correct that it was intended to be a
>centering device, however after 2 years with my yoke, I
>started using to trim the aircraft about 3 weeks ago. It
>was the first time ever I was able to achieve straight and
>level flight in a helicopter. Pretty cool...
>-P

Yes it is a trim wheel and not just for centering the stick
http://www.chproducts.com/retail/pop/p_fsyusb_3.html

Rich

http://hometown.aol.co.uk/KEENRW091970/Image4.jpg

ronzie
10-22-2004, 06:58 PM
For various personal reasons I had to use one of their USB sticks. The pots are way too sensitive to use as trim and when I queried their tech support they advised that they not be used as it introduced enough centering instability to cause too much calibration variation.

Perhaps the yoke trim wheels are better for this task.

SabenaCaptain
10-22-2004, 07:19 PM
:-) Wow, those are some cool shots.. get to see the manufacturing process and all!

sclincoln
10-22-2004, 09:42 PM
You're right. The wheel on the yoke is not to be used as a trim. It's far too stiff and sensitive. What you can do, if you're using the new throttle quadrant or their Pro Throttle is assign the throttle axis on the yoke as a trim wheel. That's what I do with the DF Archer. It doesn't work so well when you fly a plane that has altitude hold on the AP because having the trim as an axis causes it to constantly fight the AP and so it never trims at all. In those cases, I assign the red buttons on the yoke as trim forward and backward (to simulate electric trim). GoFlight has a nice trim wheel on one of their units. I'd be interested to hear if it works Ok with altitude hold on the AP or whether it too fights the AP.

n4gix
10-22-2004, 11:42 PM
>CH Products ..i tryied downloading the control panel thing
>from there site ( v 3.5 ) but every time i click on the
>setup.exe i get a message saying "cant find setup exe "
>..any ideas ?

Yes. Don't waste your time or bandwidth with that "control panel thing." It's not needed, and more trouble than it's worth... :)

The "big wheel" on the Yoke is only intended to be used for trim on those sim programs that don't have built in or assignable trim commands.

I use the left rocker for "electric trim."

sclincoln
10-23-2004, 05:42 AM
I wouldn't say it's a waste. IMHO, the CH Control Manager (CM) adds half of the value to the whole line. Using the CM, you can set up multiple controls exactly the way you want them for each different type of aircraft. This is especially important if you have more than just the yoke and pedals. Even if you only have the yoke, you can double the number of functions by assigning one button as a shift key. Then you can assign each switch and button a non-shifted function and a shifted function that are totally independant of each other. You can make the sim ignore controllers you aren't using (like the Combatstick when I'm using the yoke or vice versa). Now that I'll be using the TQ, I'll have different control setups for single engine planes using the Pro Throttle and multiengine using the TQ. I may still include both controllers in each map just so I can use all the buttons and switches.

rhodges
10-23-2004, 07:34 AM
WRONG, or at least I believe you are mistaken. (IMHO, no offense intended)

Go to sticky@stickworks.com and get Bob Church's CMFS utility for the control panel. It will increase your capability greatly and make mapping a piece of cake. To me the yoke becomes a completely new animal doing tripple duty. In fact I have unused buttons now. It may take a little thinking to learn all the uses but is well worth the effort in my opinion. Bob is a prince concerning help as well.

Good luck:
RTH