PDA

View Full Version : Starting Gate

EagleWarrior
09-22-2004, 08:25 PM
I thought I would try to taxi to the runway from a gate. Not knowing what or how I chose a gate and medium (whatever that means).
It showed up at departure airport when I was ready to fly but the OK is grayed out. It brought up a window with *.pln (I think it was). I assumed (wrongly it seems) that it wanted me to give it a name to save. When I replaced the * with TEST it said it could not find such a file. SO, how do I choose a gate and use that popup window?
I hope I am stating this clearly.
Thank you.
Louis

Mike_Luchia
09-22-2004, 08:32 PM
Alt/World/Airports, and select the airport you want to start at. Bottom left corner of the window lists the runways available, and if you scroll down futher, it will also give you a choice of parking spaces to go to. Pick one and ok and your there. If your make a flight plan, once created with departure and arrival aiports, when you go to accept the flight plan it will ask you if you want to move to the selected start point (or some wording similar to that) Select no and you will be starting at the parking that you chose at the start.

EagleWarrior
09-23-2004, 09:01 AM
Hello Mike
Is this method you offer while you are in the cockpit. What I am referring to is the setup before the final "Fly Now."
What is that about?
Thank you.
Louis

RFields
09-23-2004, 01:40 PM
The same thing - When you choose the airport, click on the elevator button next to "Active Runway" and scroll down to select the gate/ parking spot you want to start from.

Gate Medium is two things.

Gate is a designation for commercial aircraft parking - ATC calls everything else "General Aviation parking"

Medium refers to size

Commercial aircraft 31 meters and smaller radius are assigned to Small;
32 meters - 38 meters - Medium
39 meters - 54 meters - Heavy

There is much more to aircraft parking - especially AI aircraft - when you are ready to get into that - come over to Project AI (http://www.projectai.com/) and especially their AFCAD FAQ - some great tutorials / information and links to key tools - http://afcad.projectai.com/faq.html