PDA

View Full Version : Citation II SP/2 Released!

n4gix
06-05-2004, 05:28 PM
Eaglesoft Development Group has announced the release of their Cessna Citation II/SP for FS2004 and newer platforms. The Citation II includes Standard Corporate Model, Lite Corporate Model, and Air Ambulance Model. More details may be found here on their new website or their Citation II page: http://eaglesoftdg.com or http://www.eaglesoftdg.com/citationII.htm

Bruce
06-05-2004, 06:35 PM
must say it looks awsome. i am tempted to get this to keep my Citation x company, I notice this is GMAX so i must ask does it have a fully dynamic VC with raindrops on the glass like the FSD planes?

cheers

n4gix
06-05-2004, 06:42 PM
>must say it looks awsome. i am tempted to get this to keep
>my Citation x company, I notice this is GMAX so i must ask
>does it have a fully dynamic VC with raindrops on the glass
>like the FSD planes?

To answer your question, yes, the VC is FULLY functional. There's nothing that cannot be done FROM the VC. Every knob, button and switch also has 'popup tooltips' for easy identification (may be turned off using the FS Options). Critical mousepoints even feature popup digital readouts to aid you in making settings: mouse clicks and mouse wheel are also functional.

Full advantage has been taken of the new, embedded XML coding in the model itself. Even the elevator will "droop" when the engines are shut down! The large, weighted trim controls will rotate and are "mouseable," with digital readouts on the tooltips. :)

Daly
06-05-2004, 07:00 PM
any screenshots of the 2D panel out there? Didnt see any on the website...post some screenies of everything if you have purchased this bad bear....gonna have to pick it up tonight.

Bruce
06-05-2004, 07:01 PM
cool, off to get it now :)

newguy
06-05-2004, 07:04 PM
cool got...downloaded and purchased it already...took her for a test flight...beautiful...although when i was taxiing around KPHX i kept getting a 60knots call out even though i wasn't going over 20...I think the call out was being activated cause my plane was bouncing on the tarmac as a i taxied.

n4gix
06-05-2004, 07:08 PM
>cool got...downloaded and purchased it already...took her
>for a test flight...beautiful...although when i was taxiing
>around KPHX i kept getting a 60knots call out even though i
>wasn't going over 20...I think the call out was being
>activated cause my plane was bouncing on the tarmac as a i
>taxied.

Yep, that's the reason. Anytime the "Plane on Ground" variable is toggled (bouncing will cause that), the VF will callout "60 knots."

If it is too annoying, simply shut the GWPS up by clicking on the GWPS button temporarily. Just don't forget to turn it back on prior to takeoff! :)

newguy
06-05-2004, 07:13 PM
ahhh...cool..thanks...bet that is in the manual...who reads those things... :-lol

n4gix
06-05-2004, 07:19 PM
>ahhh...cool..thanks...bet that is in the manual...who reads
>those things... :-lol

Well, if you want to get the full value from the EHSI, I would strongly suggest reading that chapter at least. It's fairly complex, yet simple to operate...

Also, not reading the manual means that at 10,000' you're going to be treated to a rather nasty, loud siren, and the Master Warn will illuminate, not to mention you and any pax will die from oxygen deprivation... 'cause you didn't preset the pressurization system and turn it on... LOL!

It's a fairly complete, yet short 23 pages. I didn't want to write a novel... :)

newguy
06-05-2004, 07:34 PM
darn you for ruining my fun!!! I usually read the manuals after i take a test flight..

n4gix
06-05-2004, 07:57 PM
>darn you for ruining my fun!!! I usually read the manuals
>after i take a test flight..

Well, I'll give you credit for having figured out how to START the engines at least! :)

Have the "tooltips" been useful?

newguy
06-05-2004, 08:45 PM
there's tooltips? :) Seriously though, I work around airplanes (currently Falcon 900, JetstarII and a Lear 55)
and have for a couple of years so i can usually just look things over in a cockpit and figure out what needs to be pushed to get things going...

edit: If I might say...This is a beautiful aircraft...I'm having fun flying it too..I haven't even flown the heavy iron since the X came out..and now this adds to the fun.

n4gix
06-05-2004, 09:35 PM
>there's tooltips? :) Seriously though, I work around
>airplanes (currently Falcon 900, JetstarII and a Lear 55)
> and have for a couple of years so i can usually just look
>things over in a cockpit and figure out what needs to be
>pushed to get things going...
>
>edit: If I might say...This is a beautiful aircraft...I'm
>having fun flying it too..I haven't even flown the heavy
>iron since the X came out..and now this adds to the fun.

Thank you. I've put close to a full year on the model and gauges. They aren't perfect, but I'm perfectly satisfied, and I am my own worst critic! LOL! I thought the mouse tooltips were a very useful addition, especially since the labels are rather small... they are crisp enough, as can be seen from the zoomed views, but a bit hard on my old eyes.

BTW, something that's not included in the manual: in addition to the ZOOM on the simicons, clicking on the ADI will also ZOOM; clicking again will unZOOM.

madmatt7
06-06-2004, 02:54 AM
Pray tell, how is it on framerates compared to the Citation X? - Matt D.

Bruce
06-06-2004, 04:33 AM
i find the frame rates are better than the X, in fact they are pretty good i rekon :)

jwenting
06-06-2004, 04:41 AM
Those are indeed sorely missing. Personally I couldn't care less about 3D interiors and not that much about VCs (at least in anything larger than a Twin Cessna), but the 2D pit is vital.

n4gix
06-06-2004, 10:15 AM
>Those are indeed sorely missing. Personally I couldn't care
>less about 3D interiors and not that much about VCs (at
>least in anything larger than a Twin Cessna), but the 2D pit
>is vital.

I'll ask Ron to post some 2d panel shots. The cockpit of the Citation II isn't much larger than a Twin Cessna, actually. But, to accomodate those who don't care for interiors and VC 'pits, there's a "Lite" model included in the package: "outside model only," yet even that has a fully detailed interior from the outside viewpoint.

You may find this a bit odd, but I'm a 'pit pilot' myself. Give me a great panel with 'dynamic' outside views, and I'm happier than a pig in slop! :)

Kerosene31
06-06-2004, 03:43 PM
I can't get to the Eaglesoft website. It hasn't worked for me all day. Am I the only one who can't get there?

n4gix
06-06-2004, 03:48 PM
>I can't get to the Eaglesoft website. It hasn't worked for
>me all day. Am I the only one who can't get there?

Unfortunately, there is a DNS (Domain Name Server) somewhere here in the US that is having a bad hair day. Neither Ron nor I can get to the website either, although a tracert (trace route) shows that the path is working. Other folks, who aren't being routed through that DNS are having no problems at all!

I sure hope whoever is responsible for the flaky DNS gets their system fixed, soon! :(

dfish
06-06-2004, 04:31 PM
Bill, how do I get the mouse "tool tips" to work?

Dave Fisher
CYYZ

P4 2.8 GB 478P 533 MHZ CPU
P4P800S Asus Motherboard
512 DDR
Geforce Ti 4200/128
Maxtor 80 Gig ATA 133 HD

http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/ng_driver.jpg

Daly
06-06-2004, 04:52 PM
>>I can't get to the Eaglesoft website. It hasn't worked for
>>me all day. Am I the only one who can't get there?
>
>Unfortunately, there is a DNS (Domain Name Server) somewhere
>here in the US that is having a bad hair day. Neither Ron
>nor I can get to the website either, although a tracert
>(trace route) shows that the path is working. Other folks,
>who aren't being routed through that DNS are having no
>problems at all!
>
>I sure hope whoever is responsible for the flaky DNS gets
>their system fixed, soon! :(

yeah I sure hope so...today is my day off to purchase and play!

Kerosene31
06-06-2004, 05:06 PM
Thanks for the reply Bill. Any possibility of you providing the server IP address until this all gets resolved? I am just concerned as it usually takes a few days for DNS problems to get resolved.

n4gix
06-06-2004, 05:07 PM
>Bill, how do I get the mouse "tool tips" to work?

Assuming you haven't turned of tooltips in the FS Options, simply hover the mouse momentarily over a 'hotspot,' and wait for the tooptip popup to appear... :)

n4gix
06-06-2004, 05:23 PM
>Thanks for the reply Bill. Any possibility of you providing
>the server IP address until this all gets resolved? I am
>just concerned as it usually takes a few days for DNS
>problems to get resolved.

Unfortunately, using the static IP doesn't seem to work, at least not the the http side of the server. I still get a 'website not found' message. I can ftp to the static IP without problems, but 'anonymous' logins aren't allowed... :(

Try this: http://www.eaglesoftdg1.com/ES_Uploads/CIIRelease.zip

This will start the d/l immediately!

Lenny
06-06-2004, 06:04 PM
> I can't get to the Eaglesoft website. It hasn't worked for me all day. Am I the only one who can't get there?

Neither can I. Have been trying for several hours. I got on briefly to make a post and when I tried to edit it the site was gone again.

ubersu
06-06-2004, 06:30 PM
Bill, as long as you're looking in and the site is having problems... How the heck do you turn the autothrottle off once it's been turned on? I turned it off (or at least the indicator light on the switch went off) and the throttle - joystick and keyboard - was completely unresponsive; just kept following the bug.

Regards,
DJ

n4gix
06-06-2004, 06:54 PM
>Bill, as long as you're looking in and the site is having
>problems... How the heck do you turn the autothrottle off
>once it's been turned on? I turned it off (or at least the
>indicator light on the switch went off) and the throttle -
>joystick and keyboard - was completely unresponsive; just
>kept following the bug.

The switch is using the "stock FS command." I've noticed even with some of the default a/c the same problem. What I do is "jiggle the throttle" a bit on the yoke and it kicks the A/T completely off.

Also, make sure that you haven't accidently pressed the "CAP" side of the switch, as it will "capture" the current airspeed and hold it forever...

ubersu
06-06-2004, 07:02 PM
Thanks for the response - I suspect then that the problem was the capture mode. I had inadvertantly triggered that mode earlier in the flight.

Regards,
DJ

n4gix
06-06-2004, 07:28 PM
>Thanks for the response - I suspect then that the problem
>was the capture mode. I had inadvertantly triggered that
>mode earlier in the flight.

I just re-read my earlier comment. Just to be clear. The IAS/CAP mode will work just fine, provided that you de-select it first, THEN use the IAS/HLD button.

Going from IAS/CAP directly to IAS/HLD seems to keep it "locked" in that mode from then on, regardless of switch position... In that case, "moving the yoke/joystick throttle slightly will 'unstick' it..." :)

Bruce
06-06-2004, 07:39 PM
down here to, the PSS sight is also down, and i've been having intermitant problems at soem other aviation related sites.

ubersu
06-06-2004, 09:57 PM
Aha - thanks for the clarification...

Regards,
DJ

Bruce
03-18-2005, 08:12 AM
they say a picture paints a thousand words, so this must be worth a few. those top execs certainly have it cushy.