PDA

View Full Version : Missing Prop

caldrifter
04-26-2004, 02:08 AM
Hello All,

I recently downloaded the FS2002 PT-17 Stearman from flightsim.com for use in FS2004. Everything works just fine after I adapted a few things in the aircraft.cfg file in order to make it compatible with FS2004. All but one of the moving parts are working and the aircraft is a dream to fly.

The moving part that isn't working is the spinning prop. When the engine is stopped, the prop is there where it should be. However, when I fire up that gorgeous radial, the prop disappears and there is no spinning prop. I looked at the textures for this aircraft in Abacus' FSRepaint program and I didn't see any texture for a spinning prop which leads me to think that this might be the root of the problem. However, the picture of the model that comes up in the main working frame of FSRepaint shows the Stearman with a spinning prop.

Any ideas as to what is going on here and any hints as to how I can go about getting that spinning prop to show up in FS2004?

Thanks,

Bobby

drobson
04-26-2004, 02:15 AM
Short answer? You can't! Apparently it is a non-GMAX or a FSDS v1 model, so your prop will not show. It would have to be built with GMAX or FSDS2 in order for the prop to display.

Darrell

bilbo
04-26-2004, 06:47 AM
One can only hope that the designer would update the model but doing updates for each model each time a new sim or design program comes out distracts designers from thier intent of creating new craft.
Bilbo

caldrifter
04-26-2004, 11:37 AM
>One can only hope that the designer would update the model
>but doing updates for each model each time a new sim or
>design program comes out distracts designers from thier
>intent of creating new craft.
>Bilbo

Thanks for your response, Bilbo.

That would seem to be the case. However, this is such a neat aircraft and, given that FS2004 has been out for quite some time now, I am really surprised that no-one has created an FS2004-compatible Stearman by now. I'm not up to it as I don't know the first thing about this phase of the hobby. Oh well, one can only hope.

I'll just keep on flying the FS2002 version for now and "pretend" that I see a prop spinning in front of me.

Caldrifter

Mojo2000
04-26-2004, 01:31 PM
How do you think I feel about the otherwise fantastic freeware B-29 Enola Gay for FS2002 which doesn't display propellers in FS2004? :-)

SIGLINE: "Stealth is where it's not." :D