PDA

View Full Version : PSS-A320.GAU Error - FS9

bobbern
03-20-2004, 05:33 PM
Searched the PSS Support Forum, but the best advise I saw was to delete out FS9, clean out the registry re-install FS9 - then re-install the PSS A320 pacakge. I'm sorry, but I have hundreds of hours of work in those directories. There's got to be a workaround out there.
Ouch!

Bought the PSS-A320 last night and installed this morning. When I go to load the A320, I get multiple PSS-A320.GAU loading errors. Of course the plane comes up with no gauges.

System:

P4 3.0 1gb DDR
Win XP Home
FS9
GeForce 4 ti4600

Major Add ons:
PMDG 737-NG
FS Nav
Flight 1 Cessna 152
VMAX RFP 747

If anyone has found a workaround on this error, please let me know.

Thanks,

Bob

drumex
03-20-2004, 05:49 PM
If you uninstall FS, it only deletes the files installed originally. All the files you added will still be there. So you can move them to a temporary folder and after you reinstall FS9, you can move those files and/or folders back to their appropriate folders.

I actually haven't done an uninstall with FS9, but that's the way it worked with FS2002. I don't think they would exclude this neat feature from FS9.

bobbern
03-21-2004, 12:16 AM
Well ... there's replacement textures etc...

The main idea was the check and see if anyone else is getting this error with the pss-a320.gau file and see what the workaround is.

drumex
03-21-2004, 08:31 AM
Well then you just install those textures again. Most of what you installed won't get deleted (e.g. aircraft, gauges and scenery). You have to install PMDG 737 again, but not FSNAV. Use a temporary folder for it like I said. Perhaps DF 152 might require a reinstall. Ask about it in the DF forum.

I'd say if you can't find any direct answers, give it a try. It might (might!) work after all.

rantanplan
03-21-2004, 08:35 AM
I do fly a lot with the PSS A3XX series, and since I updated with the patch for FS9, I havenīt found any errors or bugs...it flys wonderfully...
Try cleaning all the gauges and reinstalling again...It seems something is missing there...

jgcomp1
03-21-2004, 03:00 PM
I purchased PSS-A320 10 days ago. It flies very nicely.

Jean-Guy

Kingair315
03-22-2004, 12:35 PM
BEFORE UNINSTALLING, I'd try running regcleaner
which is available @
http://www.docsdownloads.com/regclean.htm

It will clean out a lot of junk left by deleting folders, etc.. and that which is left by uninstall programs, which do NOT always remove all the stuff installed. First, I'd only run the registry cleaner function, and "do it all."

Then, use the software feature to remove -only- references to programs you -know- that you have removed from your system.

Then, use "enditall" available on flightsim.com, to remove all unnecessary software from memory. (I'm using this everytime, before using the flightsim. It frees up a lot of memory.

Wear -Your- Real Wings - just like these, Free..
Just Fly Any Aircraft for this VA. Click Link for Info.
http://groups.msn.com/FreedomAirINFO/_whatsnew.msnw
http://www.flightsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3f532f1020e57f58.jpg