PDA

View Full Version : fssound.dll file

coabill
03-02-2004, 03:48 PM
Hi, my name is Bill.. I got Bill Grabowski panel too work, my question is reguarding the sound.dll file I keep getting an error message , Its an ERROR9 message, it says something like that it don't recognize the fssound.dll or something like that, I get whenever I start up flightsim, does anyone know what too do about this, I have the latest FSUIPC.dll file in there but I'm not registered with it right now I'm just using the default Fsuipc.dll file that you have before you register it... That wouldn't be causing my problems I don't think would it?? Somebody please help me on this get rid of that message...

Bill

slarente
03-02-2004, 03:54 PM
Hi Bill,

You will have to edit your fs9.cfg file.

Simply add the following:

[ OLD MODULES ] (in square brackets)
FSSound.dll=1

This will solve the problem.

heyer
03-02-2004, 04:07 PM
&l;OLDMODULES&r;

without the blank between OLD and MODULES.

jhender501
03-02-2004, 04:19 PM
I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I have that message in
fs9.cfg and I *still* get the error message

Jim

slarente
03-02-2004, 04:23 PM
Make sure you edited the fs9.cfg file and not the fs9.txt file. I got confused a couple of time with those (ok, maybe I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing too :))

coabill
03-02-2004, 04:32 PM
Where is that Fs9.cfg at I can't find it on FS main folder??

coabill
03-02-2004, 04:42 PM
I found fs9.cfg.. Bigger problem I don't even see anything about module in the brackets? It has everything but Module in those brackets.

Bill

coabill
03-02-2004, 04:57 PM
which kind of brakets do I need too use too add it in there.. How much spaces should I leave from thing I make too the next item underneith me...

Bill

slarente
03-02-2004, 05:27 PM
Use the square brackets (like the ones used by the person who wrote after my last message). And on the next line (no space in between) you put

FSSound.dll=1

prowler3
03-02-2004, 11:24 PM
Bill...you have to CREATE this entry, from scratch.

At the end of the FS9.cfg, directly below the last line, type this Using square brackets in place of my {}):

{OLDMODULES}
FSSound.dll=1

exactly as above. If, in the future, you have the same error message for other DLL's, add a line below in the same format:

ADF2mod.dll=1

for a resultant old modules like this:
---------------------
{OLDMODULES}
FSSound.dll=1
ADF2mod.dll=1
----------------------

coabill
03-03-2004, 12:48 AM
Thank you all for your help with this topic.. you did help me.. Its working now.. No one else needs too apply too this message any longer.. thank you everyone who did answer you were most helpfull...

COA
Bill