PDA

View Full Version : DC3 Tailwheel Lock

kmgould
02-23-2004, 06:04 PM
Does anyone know how to unlock the tailwheel so the aircraft can be taxied?

artburke
02-23-2004, 06:14 PM
Yep. Open up the throttle quadrant. Directly below the throttles you'll see a little gizmo sticking out with a knob on it. Right behind said little gizmo is a plate inscribed "pull to lock tailwheel." Mouseclicks toggle it back and forth.

If you follow procedures rigorously, it's supposed to be locked on takeoff and landing. I must confess I hardly ever bother with it!
Art

FearlessTower
02-23-2004, 08:00 PM
I usually use the lever on the base of the throttle quadrant in the virtual cockpit, but I believe the keyboard command is shift+G.

Keep in mind when you load up the DC-3 the tailwheel is already unlocked. Even with the tailwheel unlocked it can be a bit tricky to taxi without using differential brakes.

JaWood
02-23-2004, 08:05 PM
Honestly, I rather have the wheel unlocked when I taxi AND take off because the beast is just too dificult to handle with it on. Differential braking is an absolute MUST to control the aircraft.

kmgould
02-23-2004, 09:23 PM
Thanks for all the input. Unfortunately, I still couldn't get the wheel unlocked. Maybe it's because I replaced the panel, and my new panel isn't fully compatible with my aircraft.cfg. I'll try differential braking.

Mojo2000
02-23-2004, 09:25 PM
You'll notice I posted a whole separate thread on this topic. :)

Or maybe you didn't, which is understandable since traffic is very high in this forum.