PDA

View Full Version : Convair 580

bill2759
02-14-2004, 11:56 AM
Weeks ago, using Andrew Herds tutorial for down loading and installing aircraft, using the Convair 580, I achieved success. Whoo Hah! Now on to bigger and better things. As a beginning flight planner using Traffic Tools, I have gained a modicum of proficency. Yet I cannot use the 580 in an AI setting. Before I pull out whatever hair I have left, will some kind soul tell me if what I am trying to do is possible. Traffic Tools says some aircraft are not suitable for AI. Missing landing gear, propellers,etc. It didn't say the aircraft wouldn't appear at all. Taking a flight plan that is already working and simply changing the aircraft type to the Convair, disables the flight plan. I'm completely burned out. Resting my forehead on the monitor and waiting for a reply from my fellow flight Simmers. Please be gentle and kind with your responses. Geez, I love this stuff! :-wave :-wave :-wave

bill2759
02-15-2004, 08:45 PM
Bump! No help forthcoming? Some of you pros have been around Flight sim since the IBM PC Jr. Help a poor neophyte out here.

:'( :'( :'(

_FSAviator
02-16-2004, 06:50 AM
My flight dynamics are always optimised for first person flight simulation use. They require the aircraft to be flown at realistic power settings and with realistic operation of flaps etc. The Microsoft AI engine cannot cope with these levels of realism. To use the CV-580 as AI traffic, (or any other propliner for which I created the flight dyanamics), it is necessary to download AI specific FDE prepared by Tom Gibson.

Tom's web page is at;

http://www.calclassic.com

Follow the AI aircraft link. The CV-580 files are part of AI pack 3. You will need to install the CV-580 for a second time as an AI aircraft. Apart from providing AI optimised flight dynamics these packs provide high frame rate AI optimised MDLs. Do not overwrite the flight simulation files you have already installed. You will need those to fly the aircraft yourself and they contain the high detail graphics model.

During your visit to Tom's website take time to check out all the other freeware downloads available.

Tom's propliner support forum is here;

http://www.simufly.com/cgi-local/YaBB/YaBB.cgi?board=Classic_Props

If you have any further questions please ask there.

Hope that helps;

FSAviator

bill2759
02-16-2004, 10:36 AM
Wow! More than I hoped for. Thanks:-jumpy

tgibson
02-16-2004, 01:24 PM
Hi,

Looks like FSAviator has already answered your questions, but feel free to post in my forum if you have any others.

Take care,