PDA

View Full Version : eDimensional 3-d glasses

silverfox
01-23-2004, 10:01 PM
I'M LOOKING FOR ANYONE WHO HAS A PAIR OF EDIMENSIONAL 3D GLASSES. Do the live up tot he rave reviews they've received. I want to know how good they are with flight sim 2004. Also have voice buddy. Is it really that good? Let me know.

UAFORLO
01-23-2004, 10:05 PM
For some reason mine does not work, they are wireless, and I have tried everything to no avail.

iflybirds
01-23-2004, 11:29 PM
>I'M LOOKING FOR ANYONE WHO HAS A PAIR OF EDIMENSIONAL 3D
>GLASSES. Do the live up tot he rave reviews they've
>received. I want to know how good they are with flight sim
>2004. Also have voice buddy. Is it really that good? Let
>me know.

I bought the wired pair two years ago, but I do not use them anymore. Although they do work; however, the reviews, in my opinion are embellished quite a bit. The 3d function is nice, but just not practical for me. I spent quite a lot of time "tweaking" my system to get optimum results, and even then, they were satisfactory at best. Anyway, I hope this helped.

AMD 2400
1GB PC3200 DDR
nVidia 5200 w/256mb
CH Products Yoke and Pedals

thomastt
01-24-2004, 05:32 AM
no glasses, but do have the "buddy" . i like it. the ability to just say what you want, without having to search the keyboard is great. some folks have been able to "load and go" others, like me, had to tweak a bit, [ lot in my case]. i guess that if your sys is basically "stock",vb should perform out of the box. the "environment" with the headset on is quite different. tt

sclincoln
01-24-2004, 09:41 PM
>I bought the wired pair two years ago, but I do not use them
>anymore. Although they do work; however, the reviews, in my
>opinion are embellished quite a bit. The 3d function is
>nice, but just not practical for me. I spent quite a lot of
>time "tweaking" my system to get optimum results, and even
>then, they were satisfactory at best. Anyway, I hope this
>helped.

And this coming from an Nvidia user. I wouldn't even recommend trying if you have an ATI card. I never could get them to work even after they sent me the ATI drivers (which I had to specifically request through email). I'll hold on to them for a while. I may give it another try someday, maybe after I get a new system (2-3 years from now).

propwashsw
01-25-2004, 12:18 AM
I purchased both the 3d glasses and the natural point and couldn't get the glasses to work. The natural point "TrackIR" did work, but it was a bit too sensative for my liking but might've taken some getting used to.

The whole idea for me was to wear the glasses along with the natural point "TrackIR" but without the glasses ever getting to work right I shelved it waiting for a fix from edimensional.

I'll copy and paste the string of e mails so you can see what kind of discussions and the time line that I'd been waiting for THAT fix:
Sent: Tuesday, November 25, 2003 1:13 AM
To: services@edimensional.com
Subject: Help

I just received my glasses and trackIR, installed the updates off your website, installed the two discs and I don't believe it's working right. I can get my monitor to move according to the direction my head is aiming at, but I don't see anything in 3d...

Do you have an 800 number that I can call you at for support other than calling the sales number on the top of your website?

Steve
Nathan Newman <nathan@eDimensional.com> wrote:
Steve,

Do you have your order number that came with the glasses?
What video card do you have?
What operating system?
Which games did you try it on?
Did you have the test screen working?

Thanks,
Nathan
Sent: Sunday, December 07, 2003 9:01 PM
To: Nathan Newman
Subject: RE: Help

Hi Nathan,
Sorry for the delay in getting back with you...

Here is the order number you requested:
-The eDimensional Customer Support Team

Order Number: XXXXX
Placed : 11/15/2003 14:45:37 EST

I have the ATI 9200
Windows 2000
So far I've only tried it on Flight Sim 2004
The only test screen I got was for the TrackIR

I'm pretty sure I followed the instructions closely, (I'm sure you've heard that before?) and it says that I will notice the logo on the bottom right hand corner of the screen by the clock. There's nothing there. I went into the C:Program files\etc and had everything in there except the executable? Tried reloading it again and still nothing.

Any suggestions?

I'd rather speak with someone in person. Can you call me Monday after 10am PST? If not tell me and I'll call you if need be...

Steve
Nathan Newman <nathan@eDimensional.com> wrote:
It's not currently compatible with fs2004. We have been working on that game all weekend and should have it ready soon. The game only works with nvidia cards right now and will work on all cards soon but not yet.

Nathan
Nathan,
Okay, I can deal with that answer and I understand you're working on it. I'll be patient. Although I still don't have an Icon. Is that too related to the problem you've described? Will I also be notified of the fix?

Steve
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 20:23:55 -0800 (PST)
Subject: 3d glasses and ATI
To: support@edimensional.com

I've been told by one of your representatives named Nathan Newman that you've been having problems with ATI video cards and MS 2004 compatability.
We have your name on an email list, but if you don't hear from us please check www.edimensional.com under the support section for our software updates. We should have something by the end of the week.
Regards,
Nathan
As you can see it's been a rather lengthy process that's never been settled. Today 1/24/04 I took the whole set to a collegue who will buy it if it works on his system.

Overall, I'm disappointed. While I know that software issues can always be a problem, I wasn't at all pleased with the support.

Hope this helps you to be a bit more informed?

Steve

hopper1
01-25-2004, 05:27 PM
I had wireless ELSA-3D-glasses which worked well with my ELSA graphics card at that time. Refresh rate has to be at least 100 Hz, more is better - and that is when performance problems might start with FS 9.

The glasses were absolutely phantastic for playing 3D games like Lara Croft etc. (you wouldn´t want to change back to playing without them!) and really unbeatable when watching the 3DMark 2000 demo and such like, but not really worth it for FS. The 2D-panel looked as flat as always (obviously), and behind it you had the 3D landscape - it looked a bit odd and not too convincing. Train Simulator was better, but honestly, I would not recommend to buy them for the price they are asking.