PDA

View Full Version : Hover Control ???

KCBoomer
01-09-2004, 12:59 PM
Are any of the moderators of HoverControl on this forum? I have Registered and Logged into HoverControl, flew on their 4S2 field, installed TeamSpeak, talked to others while flying, etc. But I cannot post or reply to a post in their message forum. It keeps saying that I do not have permission to do so. Nor can I find ANYONE on their web site to send an email to. Even their moderators, Hover Control 1 don't allow you to email them. When I registered, which I have done twice now, it said that they would send me an email. It has been 3 days now and no email from them yet. Need some help from anyone that knows what is going on over there please. And yes I have tried registering, even tried using new names, got same reply. ( HC097CO_Cliff)

Many thanks,

KCBoomer

CurlSnout
01-09-2004, 02:27 PM
I'm sorry that I don't know what is going on and I can't really offer any help, but I can tell you that I am having EXACTLY the same experience. And yes, it is frustrating in that it seems impossible to establish contact with anyone connected with the site, as everyone there has apparently elected to keep their email address a secret.

Ironic, since they (the moderators) actively encourage participation in the forum - but the best you can do is sit on the sidelines and watch members talk amongst themselves.

Perhaps something is going on that has temporarily suspended their ability to recognize new "members" (?) and all will be resolved soon. I hope so; there are some folks there who have experience that I would like to tap into.

ejoiner
01-09-2004, 02:51 PM
Im not a moderator over there, but I remember that when I registered, their system sent me an email that I had to click an embedded hyperlink to confirm the registration. This is standard on some boards nowadays to prevent imposters. Did either of you guys get a confirming email?

Eric

CurlSnout
01-09-2004, 03:20 PM
I did NOT receive the confirming email, however upon resgistering at the site I was directed to a page thanking me for registering and informing me that I would receive a confirming email within 10 minutes - something to do with validating email addresses before officially allowing membership (makes sense). I did not receive the email and after an hour or so I went back in to check my profile to be sure that I entered my address correctly. The address I entered was correct. That was 4 days ago. I'm still waiting for the email.

KCBoomer
01-09-2004, 06:25 PM
CurlSnout.....Your describing exactly what happened to me. I'm beginning to wonder if they have abandoned the site and are just letting it carry on by itself.

I saw both Hover Control 1 and Hover Control 2 on there last night and neither one of them would answer me. Real professional bunch.

Thanks for the comeback guys,

KCBoomer

ejoiner
01-09-2004, 10:00 PM
Im not an eggbeater pilot very often, but this is a professional group. There must be something else going on. The main guy over there is Jordan Moore. Heres a link to troubleshooting Liquid scenery and I just sent him a private note thru their forums (I have no problems at least.) to please check this thread on this forum.

http://www.hovercontrol.com/liquidscenery.html

Eric

CurlSnout
01-09-2004, 10:16 PM
I agree that this is a professional group. I have been a frequent visitor to the site for a couple of years now and have downloaded and flown many of the helicopters available there. I'm a big fan of the models that Jordan Moore has made available. These days I spend about half of my flight sim time in a helicopter. Only recently did I decide to register at Hover Control so that I might participate in forum discussions.

Thanks, Eric, for your effort on our behalf. I'm looking forward to some kind of resolution to the issue.

mikewmac
01-09-2004, 10:51 PM
I had exactly the same problem registering at Hovercontrol. I never got the promised email and could neither post nor find any email address to contact anyone on. I finally found a member there that didn't hide his email address, emailed him and asked for help and voila, shortly after I could post. :)

mwm

KCBoomer
01-10-2004, 12:45 AM
Got a chance to speak to Hover Control 1 this evening while flying Hood River. He apoligized for the trouble I was having with my inability to register with Hover Control and assured me that the situation would be resolved immediately. I spent a couple of hours enjoying the site and when finished I tried the HC message forum. Sure enough I was already registered and logged in. He went on to explain that HC has a tremendous number of members now and it is getting more and more difficult to keep up with its daily operations. Needless to say I can understand that and wish him and the rest of the moderators there the best of luck in trying to keep all of us happy. Certainly a job for which I have no aspirations for. I certainly enjoy Hover Control and now I'm able to post and reply to other postings which makes it ever more enjoyable. All I can say to anyone who is having the same problem as I had, just hang in there and participate along with everyone else and in time the situation will be resolved.

KCBoomer