PDA

View Full Version : NEED AI ADVICE

pupinabox
11-19-2003, 05:18 PM
Love AI traffic but need some help. I have been using all the PAI files available but was thinking of getting Ultimate Traffic or MyTraffic.

Question: Do the above 2 programs come complete with AFCAD files or would I need to create or download them? If I do need to download them, would PAI AFCAD files or those available of flightsim work?

slarente
11-19-2003, 06:35 PM
Ultimate Traffic should povide the afcads very soon. But in the meantime, any afcad that you will find on the net will do. AFCAD and AI are related in a way, but you don't need afcad to see AI aircraft...

Simon

flightsimmer747
11-19-2003, 07:08 PM
Hi you definetly need afcads to have a good flow of traffic otherwise they will just be static planes. (in my opinion). I new to afcad and ut but it seems like you will hardly get any arrivals without afcads installed. Yes ut will have them available soon as they come out and you could download them straight from the program. Ultimate traffic is awesome i really like it. So if this thread becomes a poll of ut or my traffic, i'll give it to ut. Happy flying!!!

draky
11-19-2003, 08:37 PM
>Hi you definetly need afcads to have a good flow of traffic
>otherwise they will just be static planes. (in my opinion).
>I new to afcad and ut but it seems like you will hardly get
>any arrivals without afcads installed. Yes ut will have them
>available soon as they come out and you could download them
>straight from the program. Ultimate traffic is awesome i
>really like it. So if this thread becomes a poll of ut or my
>traffic, i'll give it to ut. Happy flying!!!

Not so my friend, I have run My Traffic since FS9 came out and have enjoyed well populated skies and far too much AI moving about the bigger airports.

As for the original poster - a very basic difference between My Traffic and Ultimate traffic is that although the UT aircrfat are more detailed thay tend to hit your frame rates more so than MT does. In my case AI is pretty distant so I'm not bothered about seeing the rivets on the fuselage but would rather have smooth flight with higher frame rates. Choice is up to you. There has been plenty written in this forum on the pros and cons for each - search and all will be revealed.

AFCAD2 does improve on the number of available gates and parking but either program for additional AI will still work very well indeed without AFCAD2's being "fitted". MS did put quite a few gates and parking at almost all the airports in FS9 by default and as long as they are there you will see AI and it moves too.

Dave

flightsimmer747
11-19-2003, 09:08 PM
Thank for the tips like i said i'm pretty new to this stuff but i must say if you don't have enough gates and there all full your arriving plane will just disappear i have not witnessed this myself but read about it with both ut and my tf.

draky
11-19-2003, 09:17 PM
>Thank for the tips like i said i'm pretty new to this stuff
>but i must say if you don't have enough gates and there all
>full your arriving plane will just disappear i have not
>witnessed this myself but read about it with both ut and my
>tf.

Yes you are quite correct here - I run MT at either 75% or 100% and also have yet to witness disappearing aircraft. One other thing I learned from a re-hash of LXGB (Gibraltar - add-on scenery) is that you need at least TWO gates or parking areas to be able to see one AI of the size for those gates/parking areas - evidently the sim leaves one gate or parking area for the aircraft you are flying in!. Makes sense I guess :) otherwise you might disappear!

Dave