PDA

View Full Version : RealAir C172 for FS9 is out

St_Ex
10-12-2003, 01:01 AM
The updated RealAir C172 is now available -- posted today on Avsim, and it'll probably be up soon here and at the RealAir site. It's as good as before, maybe a little better -- which is to say, what a great experience! Thanks, Rob.

VFR_Steve
10-12-2003, 07:51 AM
:-jumpy I've just installed it and the flight model is even BETTER!! :-jumpy

(So much for that rumour regarding MS changing the flight models) :-roll

Cheers,
Steve

flyinggriffin
10-12-2003, 11:05 AM
One thing I want to point out to folks. The Cessna Skyhawk has been in production since the late 1950s. It comes in a bewildering variety of configurations, weights, and engine sizes. A 2003 Skyhawk with the 180HP engine higher gross weight is going to fly different than a 1962 model. Even the P model that is the most common handles different. I first learned to fly Skyhawks in the L model. Stall speeds and characteristics were different that later models because its wing was a different design. Its prop was pitched for climb and it had 40 degrees of flaps. Give me 15 knots of wind and it felt like you could land tha t puppy in the length of a mall parking lot slot.
Point is, don't be disappointed in the default plane or any Skyhawk model that you download because it doesn't match the one you fly or have taken a discovery flight. We have two P model Skyhawks in our club. The handling is different and they both "feel" different. Every Cessna I have flown feels just a bit different. Some enough to get you into a pickle if you fly it like all the others.

elcamino
10-12-2003, 12:07 PM
Yep.. It's out and available with the writing on the left side backwards and all..

http://www.flightsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3f3dea5e68412796.jpg
Are We Having Fun Yet! & Happy Simming.
pSsT! Never Skydive from your flight simulator!
Beta tester of Scenery & Aircraft repaints by Leon Louis.

yv35p
10-12-2003, 12:33 PM
Hello Bob:-wave

I agree with you...that's an aviation fact with any aircraft..but regarding FS, at least what i'm looking for is a "stable" platform, reasonably realistic to use as a procedures training tool..i mean, basic reactions and maneuvers..stall entry/recovery..spins..climb performance and matching numbers (again, in a general way) on that kind of aircrafts in real life..and RealAir's 172 is fantastic for this!...you made me remember of my trining days, initial flights in our school's only Cessna 152...soon after arrived another, first time i flew her i felt so different! but fitted me like a glove and made my first solo that day:-)..BTW, the default 172 in FS2004 is not bad at all!:-)..just RealAir's version is even better...

Best Regards

Carlos Flores-Acosta

Caracas, Venezuela

robyoung
10-12-2003, 10:06 PM
Please refer to the provided GUIDE and INSTALLATION text which explains why you are seeing what you've pointed out.

We go to a great deal of trouble to write the documents hoping some users might read them!

Cheers,

Rob Young - RealAir Simulations

rhodges
10-13-2003, 07:03 AM
Now if we can just ever get the DF Cardinal FS9 update so that the panel can be implemented for this bird like in FS2002.

Hope it is soon
RTH

757Pilot
10-14-2003, 12:20 PM
The ball doesn't swing to the left or right if you dont' use rudden. That's wrong. You should have to use the rudder during takeoff in a real one because of torgue.