PDA

View Full Version : How do I get a zero visibility undercast/overcast?

dporter
10-11-2003, 06:45 PM
Could someone please explain how I can get a zero visibility undercast/overcast with 2D clouds? It is very unrealistic to ascend through a solid cloud layer, only to be able to see the ground while flying over the top. I have set the cloud layer to 8/8 with the lowest visibility, but I can still see the ground through the clouds.

I searched the archives but could not find an exact explanation.

Flic74
10-11-2003, 07:48 PM
Wait for FS 2006....

MS really failed when it comes to being able to generate a solid overcast. You may be able to set 5 different layers of clouds and manually adjust visibilties but it will eat your frames and doesn't help when you are using real-world weather.

sclincoln
10-11-2003, 09:56 PM
Try setting all scenery sliders to minimum and then setting the clouds sliders up higher. Apparently, FS will automatically reduce the amount of clouds if your system is being overtaxed. So, if you want to see solid clouds, make sure your system has some power to spare to render them. When the hurricane hit, I went out flying and I certainly saw solid overcast/undercast. The ground was not the least bit visible.

ladamson
10-11-2003, 10:16 PM
I can easily get "no visable ground" also, without an fps hit. For the original post, go to advanced settings in the weather menu, and then visibility settings. Not just the visibility slider on the main weather menu.

Ladamson