View Full Version : New Zealand Scenery

Trev
08-28-2003, 05:16 AM
Site with heaps of NZ scenery.
http://www.massey.ac.nz/%7Eavweb/papers/fltsimdesign/index.htm

Trevor:)

gman_nz
08-28-2003, 07:11 AM
Thanks Trevor, I can't wait to get these down and working - I'm from Palmerston North but living in Wellington for the last few years, so these files couldn't be more approprite for me. I got the 150m mesh and texture file a couple of days ago, and I could'nt believe the difference that made. Now with these additional files, I'll be on cloud 9 :)

Questions though - I see a number of the files are for FS2000 and 2002. Should I be able to drop them into FS2004 without too many issues? And which folder should they go into?

Thanks in advance.

Greg.

Trev
08-28-2003, 04:53 PM
I installed the Wellington FS2002 airport scenery and it seemed to work alright. I just followed the install instructions in the readme file.

gman_nz
08-28-2003, 06:09 PM
Yup I kind of got it to work - although the instructions were for FS2002, not FS2004. I got all the buildings and fences and the hovering helicopter on the Lyall Bay side, but many of the objects are just plain white. I assume his is a problem with the textures.

The FS2004 directory structure seems a bit different - there's one called 'fs9/addon scenery/scenery' so i made 'fs9/addon scenery/scenery/wellington' which now has it's own scenery and texture folder at the next level down.

does that mean that 'fs9/addon scenery/texture' is not used for anything? when i hit the 'add' button in the scenery library, it seems to only want one folder location.....

so i'm halfway there, just trying to solve the blank buildings etc.

Greg

chrispeel
08-28-2003, 06:20 PM
This sounds intersesting!

I'm from Stoke on Trent.UK but have relatives in Wellington and you can see the aircraft on finals for 16 from their Lounge window(Brooklyn)

I've spent many happy hours "airbanding " from there and the excellent viewing places in the vicinity of the airport.Never flown personally in NZ (apart from ANZ)but I hold a UK PPL.

Thanks for the tip.Hope I can unravel the install procedures.

Chris

Trev
08-28-2003, 06:47 PM
Yes I get the blank textures as will. Have you noticed the Inter-Islander Ferrys. The Arahura is just of the southern runway (can't remember the direction) and another in the harbour. If you haven't already, use the 150 mesh landclass scenery as that makes all the hills look more real.