PDA

View Full Version : No CD Patch NOT working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bigal1977uk
08-06-2003, 03:08 PM
Today i downloaded the No CD patch which when installed leaves an icon on your desktop called fs9.exe.

Ok, so i took out my precious FS9 Disk 4 and safley stored it hoping to never use it again........
I double clicked on the fs9.exe icon and straight away it say's it can't find such and such .dll and it is unable to load.
Right, i think, i can sort this out.
so off i go to find the .dll and i place it in the folder where i know it should go....c:\windows\system

I double click again, oh my, another .dll is missing, so i find that one and place that in the correct folder.

I double click again, the first two .dll seem to have been sorted out but this time i get a different msg........

ERROR
Couldn't Load Language Resource DLL
Error file:C:\WINDOWS\DESKTOP\language.dll
Error code:0x485 (1157)
Program is aborting!

This is not a missing .dll like before and i didn't think my language.dll had any problems with it.

Any body know how to solve this??? please :-)

Biff
08-06-2003, 03:15 PM
Don't put the fs9.exe on your desktop, put it in the Microsoft Games\FS9 directory (after backing up the original)

slarente
08-06-2003, 03:17 PM
That file should go in your FS9 directory and not on your desktop. You can create a shortcut to the desktop afterwards, but the original must be in the FS9 directory...

Simon

vegaan
08-06-2003, 03:20 PM
Dont click the exe patch to install it, you need to copy it to the main FS9 folder and save the OLD exe or re name it fs9BAKUP.exe

vegaan
08-06-2003, 03:22 PM
>, but the original must be in the FS9 directory...
>
>Simon

it must not be in there or it needs to be renamed (you can save it to another folder to.

bigal1977uk
08-06-2003, 03:25 PM
Thanks guy's :-)

It works now :D

I should've thought of that one myself......it's been a long day ;-)

slarente
08-06-2003, 03:31 PM
Of course, I meant the original file for the patch (and the short-cut icon on the desktop)...

S.

jhender501
08-06-2003, 03:34 PM
Please note, there is a finite number of exclamation points available
in the universe..use them sparingly..

Jim CEO of the exclamation point preservation society

vfr150
08-06-2003, 04:23 PM
Jim,

I've sent you an e-mail regarding this subject. The problem no longer exists, as we have had a recent delivery of exclamation marks... but it looks like we're running low on smiley's due to the recent forum changes.

We need to tighten our belts :-) DOH.

Craig Logistics Division of the exclamation point preservation society