PDA

View Full Version : Real VFR?

Dynamo
08-02-2003, 07:15 PM
Hi all,

Been a simmer now for the past few years, I have FS9 on order, it should arrive on Monday.

I was wondering, how good is new sim for VFR? Is it now possible for me to jump between two local airfields (i.e. form Netherthorpe (EGNF) to Sheffield City) in a Cessna using only a road atlas?

Its something I would like to try.

-/- Fly safely -\-

LeoAllan
08-02-2003, 07:45 PM
Not good enough, get the Visual Flight VFR packages they maybe expensive but if you want to fly VFR in the U.K theres nothing better.

Leo

http://www.flightsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3f29abb170cd71be.jpg

DanTanna
08-02-2003, 07:51 PM
As you have doubtlessly read there are a few quirks to our new sim regarding vfr flight; missing bridges, scenery poking up or blocking some runways with buildings or shrubbery. However, I have very much enjoyed vfr flights around the sim. Sometimes the roads, rivers are off from their real world counterparts but for the most part you can find your way around inside the sim visually.

DanTanna.

Cloudy
08-02-2003, 08:14 PM
I haven't checked the whole world, but with FS9 you can follow the railroads in the USA, too. A definite PLUS.
---Cloudy---

someone
08-02-2003, 10:26 PM
I've noticed that roads and railrods are now easier to see. You can also see high tension power line routes. You don't actually see the lines, but you see the route cut out of the forests. And if your scenery/autogen is set high enough you see the poles.