PDA

View Full Version : What is better in terms of performance?

cueceleches
07-30-2003, 05:13 AM
Higher resolutions without FSAA or lower resolution with FSAA turned on?
Thx

ShaneS
07-30-2003, 05:39 AM
Excellent question actually, and open for much debate I'm sure!!

Personally, I use (right now anyways) 1290x960x32 (maintains 4/3 ratio..which means accurate aircraft dimensions), 6xFSAA and 16xAF. Great FPS and GREAT quality!

All sliders maxed except autogen which is moved 1 notch down from max and mip-mapping is set at 5 instead of max (setting at 4 or 5 eliminates the shimmering for me and there is NO loss in visual quality on my machine).

cueceleches
07-30-2003, 06:15 AM
Yes, Iīm using a high res (canīt remember but I think the same as yours) with FSAA 6X and ANsio 8X with fairly nice FPS in every situation, with all sliders to their max (eeerrr...Iīm sorry, Iīm still talking of FS2002 instead of 2004, which I hope will recieve on monday)...
The fact is that yesterday, tweaking some options, I considered that Ansio has a heavy impact on FPS, so I decided to try without it. I noticed no difference at all in image quality, but I got 10 FPS more.
I havenīt tried it yet with FSAA, but as I donīt like those ugly edges, I guess Iīll keep it, unles a higher resolution makes the job without FSAA and no quality descrease...

P4 2.8 Ghz, Geforce 4 Ti 4600, 1024 Ram DDR 333, Win 2000 pro, Audigy 2, Hotas Cougar.