PDA

View Full Version : What's that all about?

Stingray69
07-14-2003, 09:53 PM
Why was my topic "Microsoft is not too smart" locked?

You all must be way too PC. You don't think everyone and their mom will find out that you don't need the CD to run the new simulator when it comes out on July 29?

I was just trying to find out if that was true, as I thought I had heard it mentioned before on here, and I was just making a comment about the fact that MS is not to smart in doing that.

I also have BF1942 and it can do a full install, but you need the CD to get the game going. The game makers could also put something in the coding on the CD that could prevent it from being copied, so I am not sure why they wouldn't make it so you have to have the CD to run the game. I guess maybe Microsoft isn't as concerned about piracy as the mods running this forum.

Or maybe they already have more money then sense??

Jason

mikef1
07-14-2003, 10:01 PM
My fault probably... should just keep my mouth shut (or my fingers still...)

Mike

http://members.lycos.co.uk/mikehoyerf1/bentley.JPG
Team Bentley, 1-2 at Le Mans 2003
mikesmotorracing.tk - My photo's

Stingray69
07-14-2003, 10:12 PM
It's all good, you were just speaking the truth.

I guess with how this country's legal system has become over the past few decades, we now don't even have freedom of speech anymore.

Jason :-)

The_Association
07-14-2003, 10:13 PM
LAST EDITED ON Jul-14-03 AT 10:14PM (EDT)[p]Your post made reference to software piracy. The mods have already stated that any threads related to piracy of FS2004 or anyone claiming to have a copy of FS2004 who hasn't been authorized to have one, will be locked without any explaination.

The owners of this site do not want lawsuits from Microsoft nor do they wish to appear to support software piracy in any way, because they don't and you shouldn't either.

Downloading FS2004 for free would be piracy. Just like downloading music, etc. Therefore, it was locked to prevent further debate or discussion.

The mods have made their position clear.

EDIT: If you would have read the rules, you would have noticed that freedom of speech does not exist here. It's a privately owned forum.

Tim Kotula
KDTW/KPTK/KPLN

**New System Specs Coming Soon**

Proud to be 100% modern music free since 1994

drobson
07-14-2003, 10:22 PM
There is no such thing as freedom of speech in these forums. Never was, and never will be, since this is a privately owned and operated entity. (That is clearly stated in the forum rules). There are also no "rights" here, only privileges.

Darrell

http://www.flightsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3e48d30926f379c0.jpg

FORUM CONTACT
drobson_98@yahoo.com