PDA

View Full Version : Scanner info required

chrisoz
10-19-2003, 04:36 AM
Hi all. I have been lucky enough to have a lend of a scanner from a friend of mine, and would like to record some ATC for YPPH that may be able to be used in an adventure etc.

The scanner is a bit complicated to work out, lol! but hoping to get it sorted by tonight. What I am hoping to do is track the departure of any given flight, but would like to track it from pushback to handoff.

Which frequency to I tune into to hear pushback.

Perth Approach: - 123.7
Perth Departures: - 118.7
Perth Radar: - 128.1
Perth Tower: - 120.5
Perth Ground: - 121.7
Perth Delivery: - 118.55
Perth Delivery: - 132.95
Perth ATIS: - 123.8
Perth ATIS: - 113.7

Many thanks Chris

flyerBoy
10-19-2003, 04:40 AM
>Hi all. I have been lucky enough to have a lend of a scanner
>from a friend of mine, and would like to record some ATC for
>YPPH that may be able to be used in an adventure etc.
>
>The scanner is a bit complicated to work out, lol! but
>hoping to get it sorted by tonight. What I am hoping to do
>is track the departure of any given flight, but would like
>to track it from pushback to handoff.
>
>Which frequency to I tune into to hear pushback.
>
none, pushback is a 2 way between the man and the pilot. just think as it as a telephone conversation. for more information go to http://fsadventures.net

chrisoz
10-19-2003, 04:51 AM
Thanks 4 the quick reply :-) Oh thats ok then, that explains why I carnt hear any aircraft being pushed back! Will check out the link u provided. Many thanks... Chris

sean377
10-19-2003, 08:24 AM
Are you sure?

Surely ATC must handle all aircraft movements. That's how it is in the UK anyway. I would say the call for pushback should be made to Perth Delivery, or Perth Ground if it's quiet and Delivery is not manned.

Sean
EGNT

EDIT - You are correct in that the aircrew and groundcrew communicate during the pushback procedure, but the clearance comes over the radio from ATC.